Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannycsz
    • Sep 2010

users are unable to post

i created 2 groups of general users - registered and approved.
    for user group - registered users post will be under moderation first.
    i have set permissions to post reply to topics. however after user click on post reply, nothing happens as it does not load the message box for user to input their content.

i set the setting in the main group but still not inherited
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The picture really doesn't provide any information that is helpful.

The "Post Reply" button at the top of the page should simply move the user to the editor at the bottom of the page. It doesn't pop open anything. If they have selected multiple posts to quote by clicking the "quote" link in each post, then it will count the number of posts, turn orange, and insert the posts into the editor at the bottom of the page when it is clicked. However, all posts are entered at the bottom of the page. Just like on this site.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dannycsz
      • Sep 2010

for the group of users - registered, there is no edit box present.

there is the post reply reply. when click, it is like you mentioned bring user to the edit box which is not present.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

You need to provide access to your site via a Support Ticket. We will need access to the AdminCP in English, a registered user experiencing the problem, and FTP access.

I suspect your custom style is not compatible with vBulletin 5.4.1 and needs to be updated by the author.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dannycsz
          • Sep 2010

Hi,

i set it back to vb5 default theme. it worked. then i switch back to custom theme. it did not work. when i switch back to vb5 default theme again, now not working.

tried to clear cache and close browser and log in again. still no changes.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          You need to provide access to your site via a Support Ticket. We will need access to the AdminCP in English, a registered user experiencing the problem, and FTP access.

I suspect your custom style is not compatible with vBulletin 5.4.1 and needs to be updated by the author.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

As stated, we need a support ticket filed so we can access your site and determine the cause of the issue. I do not see any support tickets on your account. The link is in the footer of this page or you can simply email [email protected] from the email address on your customer account.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment