X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannycsz
    • Sep 2010

email activation codes that does not contain proper information

Hi,

after upgrading from 4 to 5, a user registers to be a member with the forum and get such an email for activation.

can someone advise how to fix this where user name , activation codes are ....

========================================================================================== ===================

Dear $username,

Thank you for registering at the $vboptions[bbtitle]. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration.

Please note - you must complete this last step to become a registered member. You will only need to visit this URL once to activate your account.

To complete your registration, please visit this URL:
    $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid

**** Does The Above URL Not Work? ****
    If the above URL does not work, please use your Web browser to go to:
    $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=ver

Please be sure not to add extra spaces. You will need to type in your username and activation number on the page that appears when you visit the URL.

Your Username is: $username
    Your Activation ID is: $activateid

If you are still having problems signing up please contact a member of our support staff at $vboptions[webmasteremail]

All the best,
    $vboptions[bbtitle]

--------------------
    To stop receiving this email, please visit this URL:
    $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?do=deleteactivation&u=$userid&i=$activateid

========================================================================================== =================
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

That is a vBulletin 4.X phrase and will not work in vBulletin 5 at all. You need to go to the activateaccount_gemailbody and delete your translation. Empty the translation box. Save the phrase and use the default phrase. If you want to add something, empty the translation box, save, edit again and copy the default using the button provided. Then you can make changes. Do not delete the variable tokens from the phrase. They look like {X}. Where X is a number.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Dorans
      Dorans commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi!
      Is there a list of variable tokens like
      $vboptions[bbtitle]= {2}
      $username, = {1}
      etc...
      That I can change the general one for the other?

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      No… They are different for every email phrase. {1} is variable 1, {2} is variable two, etc…

You may include the following special variables in the text of every phrase: {sitename}, {userid}, {username}, {musername}, {registerurl}, {activationurl}, {helpurl}, {contacturl}, {homeurl}, {date}.

• Dorans
      Dorans commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you,
      I found that the username is somewhere 1 and somewhere 5 so I go manually Big job...