Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pageviews on Articles shutting themselves off.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pageviews on Articles shutting themselves off.

Two things:

1st, I noticed this morning that Pageviews on all but the most recent of the articles posted on my site, Forgedby4.com - had turned off. No one did this - checking the log, I can verify this. Any idea what could have caused this?

2nd. While I would like to solve the above in case there was an issue, part of me kind of likes the Pageviews being off. How do you change the defaults so that that switch is set to no on Publishing?

Thanks!

1) this is probably an issue with the conversion process in the 5.1.0 upgrade steps. While we try to convert everything, sometimes it isn't possible or there is a bug in the process.

2) The only way that I know of changing the defaults for the data entry form is to change the templates. I don't know which template offhand though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      1) this is probably an issue with the conversion process in the 5.1.0 upgrade steps. While we try to convert everything, sometimes it isn't possible or there is a bug in the process.
      The site in question is a native 5.4.1 site - it has never been upgraded. Would this still be applicable?

Comment

No. Will have to see if I can replicate the issue. Never really paid attention to views on this site. So I don't know if they are working or not.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment