X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

vBulletin 5 and Android keyboard

I've been having problems with my android keyboard, probably started after the upgrade before last. I thought it was just me but I've just had two members mention the same problem and only with our forum. It happens to me both on here and on my own forum but no others, so I am assuming it is something to do with vBulletin

The keyboard suggests words based on what it thinks is the most likely word you will want next, which works fine on everything except vBulletin, where it seems to just generate nonsense if you try and tap a suggested word.

This is what one member said: "Recently I mistyped "difference" as "sifference" and then tapped on the correct suggested word to correct my typo, which on any other website or app works a treat, but here, instead of replacing the whole word, it kept the first half of the typo and added the first bit of the corrected word after it. It does it all the time and drives me potty".

and that is exactly what happens to me, I can make a simple spelling mistake and by choosing one of the suggested words it just adds a variety of letters, nothing like the word you expected. If you backspace to correct part of the word, it still adds rubbish. You have to completely erase the whole word and start again.

Anyone else having problems?

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I would suspect it is a problem in the editor component we use. CKEditor. It doesn't have full support for mobile browsers at this time - https://docs.ckeditor.com/ckeditor4/..._browsers.html
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

Thanks Wayne. That's probably it.

Comment

• plongeur.com
        • Mar 2017
        • 5.2.x

I have the same problem with my phone, and my forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...