Module to list all forums in a less vertical format?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimMM
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

Module to list all forums in a less vertical format?

We have a lot of forums and the /forums/forums listing goes on many pages. What we'd like to do is add a channel navigation module above that but the single column listing also goes on and on. Is there a way to display the forums and sections similar to the subforum display, i.e., smaller font, three columns multiple rows under the forum.

I've made a html display that somewhat gets to where we'd like to see this but I'd rather the system generate it so I don't have to manually update the static html file anytime a forum changes name, position, etc.

What I'd like to have is something like what is at http://jmakicorp.com/forum or even the subforum display now in the stadard /forum display.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There isn't a module for this at this time. You would have to modify the templates directly at this time. The templates in question are display_Forums_list (the overall list) and display_Forums_item (each individual forum)

You may also be able to achieve this with using the Channel Navigation Module and some custom CSS. It is designed for a vertical view but is presented as a list so will be easier to manipulate with CSS than the tabular data in the Forum List.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JimMM
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

OK thanks, I'll take a look at those suggestions. Appreciate the pointers.

Comment