Does registration via Facebook even work for vbulletin 5?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maltair
    • Feb 2009

Does registration via Facebook even work for vbulletin 5?

I am able to login via Facebook for a user already associated with Facebook, but has anyone been able to register for a new user at vbulletin 5 via Facebook?

When I do this I get either a Recaptcha error

Image verification unsuccessful due to incorrect reCAPTCHAâ„¢ parameters. Contact the admin. (humanverify_recaptcha_parameters)

which is incorrect because the reCaptcha was entered successfully, or I get an error
    error_cannot_connect_guest,Facebook

if trying to associate with a prior account.

In short, it doesn't work. Has anyone lately tried to register via Facebook for a vbulletin 5 forum?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It has worked in the past. However, Facebook changes their API every six months and they made recent changes due to their recent privacy breaches. This may have invalidated the code library they have provided us with in the past. If you're not using the latest version of vBulletin, you should consider your Facebook Library out of date.

The Facebook Functionality in vBulletin will also need to be refactored to work with the new Third-Party Login system so it is modular like Twitter and Google.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      • Aug 2000

Please see this bug report as well - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18366

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
        • Feb 2009

I addressed the issue in VBV-18366 some time ago, and the Facebook connect has been working for login via FB if you already have a FB associated with your vbulletin account, but does not seem to work for new registrations. Yes, using latest vbulletin 5.4.1
        Last edited by Maltair; Fri 4 May '18, 9:53am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

I did a test on this site and connected my Facebook Account. The system redirected to the registration form as it always has with Facebook and I was able to process the registration normally. The account is connected to Facebook. It doesn't do a automatic registration in vBulletin 5. That part of the functionality has never worked in vBulletin 5.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment