How do you add tags?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you add tags?

I know how to do this when creating a new post or article. My question is about adding tags to threads that already exist. How do you do this?

In vb4, there was a list at the bottom you could add a tag too. In 5 - it just doesn't seem to be there.

On my site, tagging is set up, permissions are correctly configured to allow all users to add tags to other threads ... but no matter what I try, I can't find an option to add tags to an existing thread. Is there something I am missing?

You have to click on edit for the first post of the thread and there you will see the option to add tags.

Comment

Choose "Edit" at the bottom of the starter post and you can add them just like on any new post.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-02_11-57-15.png
Views:	56
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	4390813

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

That works for mods and thread starters. What about to add tags to another thread?

There is a permission to allow users to post tags to threads started by others, but they won't have an Edit button...

Comment

At this time they will need to be able to edit the topic starter.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Gotcha. And since I don't want regular users to be able to edit anyone's posts, I guess tagging is out for them now. Thanks!

Comment