X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cfleet1
    • Jun 2013
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Cfleet1

Thanks Mark. Glenn said he would look at it tonight. If he cant see an issue ill put in a ticket. Namecheap said the server has zero optimization at this point. They are waiting for us to tell them waht they need. lol

I guess they think that the VB forum can be optimized from the admin panel and we can make suggestions on what to do to the server. lol I swear its just really confusing to me. I should have just gone with cloud from the start.
    Im sorry i didnt realize you offered to do it. Does that still involve creating a ticket? Or can i just give you my log in credentials?

Comment

• Cfleet1
      • Jun 2013
      • 6.0.X

Latest from Namecheap.....

​​​​​​I have double checked the resources on the server and the server is stable at the moment:
      load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.09
      free 3.5G of RAM
      Apache status: 2 requests currently being processed, 98 idle workers

So it does not affect the loading speed. In some cases the server configuration may affect the loading speed of a website, but it mainly depends on the architecture of the website, and its compatibility with the server configuration. As we are not familiar with the structure of your website, we recommend contacting vBulletin support or your developer to get the list of server specs, that are the most suitable for your forum.

Meanwhile I checked the website with GTmetrix and here is a report: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/thepowderblues.com/7WTpML8N
      You can navigate to "YSlow" tab to check what points can be improved for better website optimization.

If you have any additional questions in regard to this matter, feel free to update this ticket.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Im sorry i didnt realize you offered to do it. Does that still involve creating a ticket? Or can i just give you my log in credentials?
        Please raise a support ticket and link back to this thread so the engineer who picks it up knows what queries you are referring to.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Latest from Namecheap.....

​​​​​​I have double checked the resources on the server and the server is stable at the moment:
          load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.09
          free 3.5G of RAM
          Apache status: 2 requests currently being processed, 98 idle workers

So it does not affect the loading speed. In some cases the server configuration may affect the loading speed of a website, but it mainly depends on the architecture of the website, and its compatibility with the server configuration. As we are not familiar with the structure of your website, we recommend contacting vBulletin support or your developer to get the list of server specs, that are the most suitable for your forum.

Meanwhile I checked the website with GTmetrix and here is a report: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/thepowderblues.com/7WTpML8N
          You can navigate to "YSlow" tab to check what points can be improved for better website optimization.

If you have any additional questions in regard to this matter, feel free to update this ticket.
          To be honest, that's just the usual meaningless host obfuscation. Software isn't written with a list of server specs in mind. There are minimum php and MySQL versions, and a number of other pre-requisites. If vBulletin has installed, then these have been met and it's all down to the configuration of their server, assuming it's powerful enough. It's most odd that any host would expect the developers of any software to instruct them on how to configure their server.

Yslow tells you nothing of any great value. vBulletin is installed on thousands of servers worldwide without issue, it doesn't need optimising to run on one server, the server needs configuring properly and that is the host's job. Either that or it has insufficient resources. Which is also common.

At the risk of repeating myself though, you need to get those three queries run before anybody does anything else.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Some of the items on the YSLOW report are not current issues with speed on a properly configured server. An example would be Cookie-less domains. Some are external scripts (Google Fonts is an example) that we have no control over.

One the number of DOM Elements goes back to my first statement on showing all of the images in the two modules at the bottom. Each image creates a connection to the server and adds latency. You could also optimize your custom images to work better with the network.

If you look at the report for vBulletin.com/forum you will see it does much better in the PageSpeed area - https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.vbulletin.com/HuMeOOqX

If you run the report with the default style enabled for guests, what does it look like?

If you don't want to convert your live site to the default style, create a development install in a subdomain (i.e. dev.thepowderblues.com) and use it for testing. Probably the best approach anyway.
            Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 25 Apr '18, 4:10pm.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cfleet1
              • Jun 2013
              • 6.0.X

Thanks guys. Maybe i will just remove the plug in for the recent visitors. But even still im surprised that a dedicated server is having problems loading pictures. The host did say they have zero server resources loaded. So i think it can be optimized once i tell them what they need. Ill just wait for Glenn to do the 3 queries and see what happens.

Thanks.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

The server isn't the only thing that determines how fast a page loads. Each element on the page requires a connection over the network from the user's browser. Each one of those connections cause the page to load slower due to latency. Nothing is instant.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cfleet1
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 6.0.X

Never did get the help for this from my site builder but it must have worked itself out. I appreciate the help fellas. Things are back to normal.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

Most likely a cache issue then. You should talk with your hosting provider and see if they can install Memcached on your server. Once that is installed and you have the IP Address and Port from the service provider, we can tell you how to configure vBulletin to use it. It has more performance over the database caching system.

Learning how to run basic queries using a tool like PHPMyAdmin or Adminer will also provide benefits to running a site on your own dedicated server. Then you do not need to rely on others to do this for you.
                    W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cfleet1
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 6.0.X

Thanks Wayne. Ill look into it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...