• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itsrammen
    • Nov 2017
    • 5.3.x

Fresh Install iFrame display issues.

Hi Guys,

I've been moving my forum over to a VPS to host on. I've got to the point where the forum is mostly working, but everything that seems to use multiple iFrame kind of links seems to be broken.
    on the Index, the login drop down is blank, and wont load while looking in Firefox, but when searching it up in Edge, it will tell me the content cannot be displayed in a frame, and links me to the address of the Login form, when directly linked works fine.

The same issue is happening with ModCP, AdminCP. and when directly visiting the links provided they load, but the main page using frames will not.

I'm also not getting any HTML/PHP errors, is there something I'm missing?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The only thing that uses an iframe is the login form. On a proper install, this is hidden until the users click on the login link. Without a link to your issue, I have no idea what the problem is.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• itsrammen
      • Nov 2017
      • 5.3.x

Hi, should have provided a link.

It's still hidden, but when you click it the (https://itsrammen.xyz/community/auth/login-form) isn't displayed.
      and like I said in the previous post, the same issue seems to be happening to the AdminCP, etc.

Comment

• itsrammen
        • Nov 2017
        • 5.3.x

Also just checked in the Web Developer Console getting this error, for login box, admin panel, posting (Load denied by X-Frame-Options: https://itsrammen.xyz/community/auth/login-form does not permit framing.) but with their respective urls.

Comment

• itsrammen
          • Nov 2017
          • 5.3.x

Well, after some googling seemed to fix the issue by including header always set x-frame-options "SAMEORIGIN" in the .htaccess file

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Glad you have it fixed. Seems to be a quirk of your server configuration. This is the first time I have heard of that header.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment