Media Gallery only 5 attachments allowed. When editing.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geiri
    • Feb 2004
    • 4.0.x

[Bug / Issue] Media Gallery only 5 attachments allowed. When editing.

I opened my Media Gallery and added some photos about 16. Then decided to change the description, but I get the error that only 5 attachments are allowed.

Where can I change this strange behavior ?

• Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

You can change it In settings>user profile: album options > maximum photos per album

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Actually, to prevent this error, you probably need to change the attachment limit per post on the Special channel. Channel Management -> Channel Permissions. Edit the permissions for the Special or Special / Albums channel and increase the value of attachments allowed per post. You will need to do this for each usergroup that can upload media to their profile.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Actually, to prevent this error, you probably need to change the attachment limit per post on the Special channel. Channel Management -> Channel Permissions. Edit the permissions for the Special or Special / Albums channel and increase the value of attachments allowed per post. You will need to do this for each usergroup that can upload media to their profile.
        A couple of times it's been mentioned that we shouldn't change the permissions in the special channels (this was during some problems we had with albums) So is it OK to do that now?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

In most cases, I don't recommend editing the permissions on the Special channel. In this case, it can't be avoided.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• geiri
            • Feb 2004
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            I figured it out, Thank you

Comment