Is there a way to have a separate style for social groups?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmquist
    • Jan 2006
    • 5.7.X

Is there a way to have a separate style for social groups?

Is there a way to have separate looks (styles or top banner) in different parts of a vB site? I would like to give the social groups a separate look due to new European regulations (GDPR). I need to separate editorial content and discussions in a visible manner. Since it is possible for users to create own channels in social groups I would need that look to be inherited to new social groups.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can assign a specific style to individual channels in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Channel Manager. Edit the channels and assign the style you want.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pmquist
      pmquist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, but that only affects the channel I do that for. New channels (groups) that are created does not inherit the style settings.
      Or am I doing something wrong? Is there somewhere I can set that it should inherit style?

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      You would need to edit each channel or create custom coding to do this programmatically.
  • pmquist
    • Jan 2006
    • 5.7.X

Thank you Wayne Luke , Then i wonder: is the header logo a part of the style or the site? I would like to have a separate logo where i have a different style, but when I change on a style that is for one channel, then that logo is used on the entire site. Bug or made by design?

Regards

Comment

• bootsie1
      • Jun 2017
      • 5.3.x

Each style can have a different logo there are 2 ways to achieve this
      1) Sitebuiler/header/edit logo pop up will appear make sure this style only is ticked browse for the logo select open it will upload the image and use it for this style only then goto a different style and repeat the steps as above only select a different logo do this for all installed themes
      2) Upload logos to server to folder of your choice eg images/logos/logo1.png logo22.png then follow steps below
      admincp/styles/style you want to change/style variable editor/titleimage/ edit this to point to where the logo is uploaded eg images/logos/logo1.png repeat this step for all installed themes
      Cometbar

DartsLeague

Comment

• pmquist
        pmquist commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Then it works as I suspected. It seems that there is a bug in option 1 and option 2 worked fine!
    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...