• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mordzy
    • Apr 2018
    • 5.3.x

Show one post or channel for unsubscribed users

Hello.

My forum is totally private, however I want to display some information either via text display or a post from a channel to users to welcome them, explain the rules and encourage them to sign up.

Whats the best way to do this? ive created a new channel and given permission to not logged in users to see it but it doesnt show on my first page.

Thanks

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can control the permissions for individual channels in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions. Edit the Unregistered / Not Logged In usergroup and set the "Can View Channel" and "Can View Content" permissions to yes for channel(s) they should be able to view. If the channel is a sub-channel, they will need access to view all of that channel's parents as well.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mordzy
      • Apr 2018
      • 5.3.x

Yeh thats exactly what id done, however my channel is a child to the parent 'forum'. so even though ive given permission to the child channel ive created its not visible on the initial landing page. which I believe is called 'home'.

Im not sure what I need to do to make this one channel visible before people log in.
      Last edited by mordzy; Wed 11 Apr '18, 12:23am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You have to give guests permissions to view the parent channels as well. So they will need "Can View Channel" on both Home and Forum in this case.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment