Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The Project Manager for Mobile says that your p12 file is probably corrupted and that you should generate a new Key with Apple. Then you can use it to resign your app.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
      • Feb 2009

Yes - also on advice from the Apple Developer help, I revoked the old cert, deleted them from my keychain access, created a new cert and went through the re-signing process all over again with version 1.21.2 (showed as .2 for some reason this time around).

I resubmitted it with Application Loader, and got a bunch of errors the first time around, but then tried it again and it went through. So now I resubmitted the app to Apple for approval.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by MDawg
        Yes - also on advice from the Apple Developer help, I revoked the old cert, deleted them from my keychain access, created a new cert and went through the re-signing process all over again with version 1.21.2 (showed as .2 for some reason this time around).
        Every time the app is rebuilt, the minor version (.2) will be updated.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
          • Feb 2009

For this new version of the app 1.21.1 that has the Ignore feature, when I submitted it, Apple came back with:

"To help us proceed with the review of your app, please provide detailed information to the following questions. The more information you can provide upfront, the sooner we can complete your review.

- Please provide detailed steps to locate blocking functionality"

How exactly do you recommend I respond?

Comment

• Maltair
            • Feb 2009

I've been working on this for months.

I did get the new version 1.21 that you built for Apple iOS, that supposedly has three dots to access the block/ignore feature, three dots in upper right of the user's profile when logged in with the app. But who knows, maybe what you built and I received was not the new version.

I am allowing Apple to login with an Admin user - will an Admin user have the same capability to block ignore as a regular user, in the 1.21 iOS app?
            This is how Apple responded, basically that they cannot find the three dots to block ignore users within the app, and also now a new concern that the screen shots are generic (at least that is how I interpret their response), or maybe they are saying they are the wrong size or shape screen shots, I don't know:

"
            Hello,

Thank you for your app resubmission.

Regarding
            Guideline 1.2 - Safety - User Generated Content
            , we were still unable to locate the blocking mechanism in the version of your app that was submitted tor review (1.21.2).

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to implement the following precaution:

- A mechanism for users to block abusive users

Request a phone call from App Review

At your request, we can arrange for an Apple Representative to call you within the next three to five business days to discuss your App Review issue.

Request a call to discuss your app's review

Additionally, after further review, we found that your app is not compliant with the following guideline:

Guideline 2.3.3 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your screenshots do not sufficiently reflect your app in use.

Specifically, your 5.8-inch iPhone X screenshots do not display the app in the correct device frame.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your screenshots to ensure that they accurately reflect the app in use on the supported devices. For iPhone, you need a set of 5.5-inch display screenshots and for iPad, you need a set for 12.9-inch display. This set will be scaled appropriately down to other device sizes when viewed on the App Store in each territory.

Note that 5.8-inch display assets for iPhone X are optional and don't scale down to other devices sizes. Screenshots that include iPhone X layout features like rounded corners or sensor housing should only be used for the 5.8-inch display.

Resources

For resources on creating great screenshots for the App Store, you may want to review the App Store Product Page information available on the Apple developer portal.

Please ensure you have made any screenshot modifications using Media Manager. You should confirm your app looks and behaves identically in all languages and on all supported devices. Learn how to use Media Manager to add custom screenshots for each display size and localization.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

We look forward to reviewing your resubmitted app.

Best regards,

App Store Review

"

This is taking a lot of time. When was the last time anyone was able to get the Apple vbulletin app approved? because I have been trying for months with no success.
            Last edited by Maltair; Thu 6 Sep '18, 8:01am.

Comment

• Maltair
              • Feb 2009

Okay, I think I have addressed the issue. There was a mistake at my end, and then also something that I ended up doing to appease Apple.

1) The mistake - was that I didn't realize that when submitting the App for Review I had to scroll down about half way and pick manually what version of the app I was submitting for review! I mistakingly assumed that uploading via XCode / Application Loader the new version would automatically make this latest one uploaded version the one being submitted for review. So, that is solved, and the app (the correct latest version with the Ignore feature) is now pending review. I expect it to be approved this time.

2) As far as screenshots, of the sizes that vbulletin sends you when they build the app for you, in the uploads folder, only one format is of any use any longer, and that is the 1242x2208 used for the standard 5.5" iPhone plus. The rest of the screenshots they provide are no longer needed or used.

Additionally, you need to create screenshots for the 5.8" iPhone X (1125x2436), and for the 12.9" iPad Pro (2048x2732 - although you will need to fight it out with Apple over the iPad Pro issue - Apple claims that the app's binary does not support iPad, but vbulletin claims that it works fine on iPad - and from my limited testing, I would agree with vbulletin).

The issue you will run into with the 5.8" screenshots is that they are shaped a certain way, apparently, on the iPhone X, and merely taking the 5.5" screenshots and changing size in PhotoShop does not address this.

To solve the screenshot issue once and for all, I downloaded an Apple App Store program called Test Flight and set up, within my Apple Developer account, an internal testing account for the app. Then, I logged onto the app via Test Flight, on an iPhone X, and a 5.5" iPhone (which is the Plus model), and a 12.9" iPad Pro, and took for each device six screen shots - home (which is actually called activity, a little confusing), forums, blogs, articles, profile and I took one of the login screen too, and then uploaded all eighteen of these six per 5.5 , 5.8 and 12.9 device, to my Apple Developer Account's App Store Connect.

When accessing the site via Test Flight, to get rid of the word "Test Flight" so that these two words will not be visible in your screenshots, just collapse and reopen the app once, and the words (in the upper left corner) will disappear.

In the end, you will end up with:

Six screenshots for iPhone X 5.8" (1125x2436)
              Six screenshots for iPhone 5.5" (6plus, 7plus, 8plus, etc.) (1242 x 2208)
              Six screenshots for iPad Pro 12.9" (2048x2732)

These will be final screenshots from your actual forum so that you will not need to re-upload them.

Now, if I could only figure out how to make the apps work for Facebook login....
              https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...t-for-facebook
              Last edited by Maltair; Fri 7 Sep '18, 12:49pm.

Comment

• Maltair
                • Feb 2009

Success! I got the app approved by Apple, so now I have both Android Google Play and iOS Apple App Store apps running for my forum.

1) Is there a way to set these to allow user registrations via the app?
                and if so, with the same reCaptcha 2.0 requirements of my website forum, and so on?

2) For now, the link at the bottom of the Apple iOS app "Skip for Now" does nothing, nor does the red "v.1.21.3" neither of these are hyperlinks, so what are they?

3) I thought I had set the apps to allow my Google Adsense ads to appear, but I do not see them anywhere?

4) Push notifications are not working either even though I have this set up via Firebase and the Firebase config file was uploaded as part of my mobile app build.
                Last edited by Maltair; Mon 10 Sep '18, 6:56am.

Comment

• Maltair
                  • Feb 2009

I am still experiencing three of these issues, and as far as 3) I thought I had set the apps to allow my Google Adsense ads to appear, but I do not see them anywhere?
                  what is strange is that even though I have the exact same ca-app-pub for both Android and iOS apps, the Google AdMob ads are appearing at the bottom of the Android apps and in fact people have been clicking them and I have been getting paid, but nothing appears - no ads - on the Apple app.

So the issues that remain are:

2) For now, the link at the bottom of the Apple iOS app "Skip for Now" does nothing, nor does the red "v.1.21.3" neither of these are hyperlinks, so what are they?

3) I thought I had set the apps to allow my Google Adsense ads to appear, but I do not see them anywhere (on the Apple iOS app., they do appear on the Android)?

4) Push notifications are not working either even though I have this set up via Firebase and the Firebase config file was uploaded as part of my mobile app build.

Comment

• Maltair
                    • Feb 2009

Okay, so allasudden, on the Android app, I noticed that at least locked screen push notifications started to work. And on the Android app, the Google AdMob ads are appearing at the bottom of each page.

However, even though I built the Firebase push notification file properly for both Android and iOS, attached it properly to the builds of the apps, and even though I use the same ca-app-pub from Google for both Android and iOS apps, still neither push notifications nor Google Ads are appearing on the iOS Apple app.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...