Creating the iOS and Android vb5 apps

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maltair
    • Feb 2009

1) Your app crashed on iPad running iOS 11.3.1 connected to an IPv6 network when we:

Tapped the Calendar menu item.

This occurred when your app was used:

- On Wi-Fi)

2) As we discussed, your app has been rejected for the App Store Review Guideline detailed below.

Guideline 1.2 - Safety - User Generated Content

Your app enables the display of user-generated content but does not have the proper precautions in place.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to implement the following precaution:

- A mechanism for users to block abusive users

We hope you will consider making the necessary changes to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines and will resubmit your revised binary.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Please report your Mobile App issues here:

This will allow us to properly elevate them to the development team.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
        Maltair commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you've got the two issues (iPad compatibility; ignore capability within app) there in the tracker.
    • Maltair
      • Feb 2009

VB created this ticket:

Anyway, I did all this work, paid the $99. to Apple as the one year Developer fee, and yet cannot get the app approved until it (1) works for iPad, and (2) incorporates the ignore/block feature into the app itself.

The issue in the ticket has not even been confirmed yet....

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

The project manager would move the issue to the internal tracker for assignment to the developers. The project is there so that the Project Manager can ask questions if need be so issues can be troubleshooted. The Ignore Issue is already something that is being looked it. The App should work on the iPad. If it is crashing, then that should be found during QA on the next build. You will have to wait until the next build to have these changes.

I should also note that many mobile customers haven't had these requirements put on them and our own app was admitted in its current state. Still, we're making these changes as each Apple Reviewer interprets the requirements in their own way.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
          • Feb 2009

Would be nice if I could get this app approved in that I paid the $99. to Apple for a year and that clock is ticking. It seems like if at least the IGNORE feature is implemented into the app itself I will be able to get it approved. That is the showstopper. Thanks!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

The developers are working on the next version. Ignore not only requires an updated App for iOS but will require a new version of vBUlletin 5 Connect since the required APIs don't even exist in the current version.

You should appeal the ruling since the vBulletin.com app was approved without Ignore.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
              • Feb 2009

Well I did bring up the fact that prior apps including the vbulletin one itself were approved without that feature, but not via appeal. I will try it now via appeal.

Comment

• Maltair
                • Feb 2009

Appeal was denied. The ipad crashing is not an issue at this time, but the ignore feature implementation is:

The App Review Board evaluated your app and determined that the original rejection feedback is valid. Your app does not comply with:

Safety 1.2
                We understand that your app includes a ban feature for administrators, however, users should also be able to block other abusive users.

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to include a mechanism for users to block abusive users.

We hope you will consider making the necessary changes to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines and will resubmit your revised binary.

On occasion, there may be apps on the App Store that don't appear to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. We work hard to ensure that the apps on the App Store are in compliance and we try to identify any apps currently on the App Store that may not be. It takes time to identify these occurrences but another app being out of compliance is not a reason for your app to be.

Thank you, we look forward to reviewing your revised binary.

Comment

• Maltair
                  • Feb 2009

A new version 1.21.1 of the iOS app just came out that I believe addresses this "ignore" feature.

Question, as I resubmit the app for creation at vbulletin, when I get to this step:

do I need to resubmit the firebase config file? or is the old version there and will remain. "Configuration file was uploaded on April 10, 2018 09:19:26" --- it's just that I am not sure where on my computer this file is, so I'd like to avoid having to reupload it.

Also, I am trying to re-sign the new version of the app to re-submit it to Apple, but I am doing it on a new iMac Pro that is a Time Machine clone of the iMac where I did all this originally. I did save the .p12 privatekey file in order to be able to reload the key into my keychain access, but when I double click it and enter the correct password I get:

and the key isn't getting loaded into my keychain access, so I can't get a signing certificate on this machine in order to re-sign the app.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

You would need to reimport the Firebase config file.

I am pretty sure that Mac Keychains and the private key files they use are machine specific. You probably need to generate a new key. Apple's documentation on maintaining keys should be able to help with this.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
                      • Feb 2009

Well your instructions state that you are supposed to be able to use it on a different machine, and implies that I will be able to create one privatekey only, anyway I will muddle on see what I can do here.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

I don't own a Mac so trying to help the best I can. No one on the support team has a Mac.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
                          • Feb 2009

Your instructions state that: It is critical that you save your private key somewhere safe in the event that you need to build your application on multiple Macs or decide to reinstall your system OS. Without your private key, you cannot sign binaries in Xcode and there you will be unable to upload your application to the App Store or install your application on any Apple device. When a CSR is generated, the Keychain Access application creates a private key on your login keychain. This private key is tied to your user account and cannot be reproduced if lost due to an OS reinstall. If you plan to do development and testing on multiple systems, you will need to import your private key onto all of the systems you’ll be doing work on.

which I did do that, but now I can't re-load that private key on my new machine. Hence based on the above the solution is to try to get that same key to work, it seems that trying to recreate it will just create more issues.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            • Aug 2000

You will need to contact Apple with support for Keychain. It is their product. The KEY is from their product.

Most Mac users are best served by using the easy Migration Assistant tool to copy all files, folders, preferences, and login data from one computer to another. This isn’t always an option tho…

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              You would need to reimport the Firebase config file.

I am pretty sure that Mac Keychains and the private key files they use are machine specific. You probably need to generate a new key. Apple's documentation on maintaining keys should be able to help with this.
                              I re-uploaded both the
                              GoogleService-info.plist for the iOS app
                              and the
                              GoogleService-info.json for the Android app
                              (I actually don't think this was necessary to reimport them, because I was never prompted to do this at the Android side, I just did it anyway.)

Along the way I also uploaded the requested splash image 1125 x 2436 super retina splash image for the iOS app.

I then had both apps rebuilt. I already saved and published the new Android version.

Now have to figure out a way to get this private key on this new machine in order to re-submit the new iOS app.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...