X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rag_gupta
    • Apr 2011

Unable to upgrade from VB4 to VB5

Somehow I've migrated my Mybb 1.6 to VB4 on PHP 5.6

Then I've moved it to PHP 7 and copied the upload folder from VB5 within the site home folder.

I ran it like " www.mysite.com/upload/core//install/upgrade.php "

Then it asked me

File Creation Complete.

Delete makeconfig.php file now, then begin installation.
    Now I've removed makeconfig.php. Then what to do? The documentation is very confusion. The site is still in VB4.
    vBulletin 5 Requires URL Rewriting. This will be mod_rewrite or its equivalent under Apache and URL Rewrite under IIS. There is an .htaccess (Apache) file and
  • rag_gupta
    • Apr 2011

In vb5readme.html there is different version of instructions. It says

Do not delete your attachments, customavatar, customprofilepic, or signaturepics folders
    I tried to search but unable to find the attachments folder in my VB4 installation which I want to upgrade to VB5

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Make sure you have populated /core/includes/config.php with the database details.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• rag_gupta
        • Apr 2011

Should I copy the upload folder in the site root? Or the contents of it?

Which files should I copy or delete?

There are 3 versions of upgrade documentation I can see, none tells the correct steps.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by rag_gupta
          Somehow I've migrated my Mybb 1.6 to VB4 on PHP 5.6

Then I've moved it to PHP 7 and copied the upload folder from VB5 within the site home folder.

I ran it like " www.mysite.com/upload/core//install/upgrade.php "

Then it asked me

Now I've removed makeconfig.php. Then what to do? The documentation is very confusion. The site is still in VB4.
          If it is running makeinstall.php then your /core/includes/config.php file was not edited to point to your database correctly and the system is performing a new install, not an upgrade. Upgrading to vBulletin 5 is not different than any upgrade that has come before it... There are two additional minor steps when upgrading from vBulletin 4 but nothing groundbreaking.

1. Upload the vBulletin 5 files to your server. In a clean directory with no vBulletin 4 files.
          2. Rename /config.php.bak to /config.php
          3. Rename /htaccess.txt to /.htaccess
          4. Rename /core/includes/config.php.new to /core/includes/config.php
          5. Edit /core/includes/config.php to connect to your database. This file is in the exact same format as vBulletin 4's config.php and you're editing the exact same values.
          6. run /core/install/upgrade.php

These steps are also listed in the vb5readme.html included with the download.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment