• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bendiesel
    • Jan 2018
    • 5.3.x

translation issue

Hi,
    2 modules titles ( recent blog posts and latest topics ) remains in english when official german or french is activated,
    i tried to fix this but i failed, because when i search the phrase "latest topics", it seems already translated.. i couldn't found the phrase "recent blog posts",, thanks for help

screenshot when official french 5.4 is activated on VB 5.4:

Click image for larger version  Name:	translate.png Views:	1 Size:	36.4 KB ID:	4388919
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You have to edit the page and translate the modules. Module titles don't have translation phrases.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bendiesel
      • Jan 2018
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You have to edit the page and translate the modules. Module titles don't have translation phrases.
      in the screenshot we can see that the title of 'tag cloud module" is translated from english: "Tag Cloud" to french : "Nuage de tag", also titles module "Trending" to "Tendance" are well translated..

but only the titles: Latest Topics and Recent Blog Posts remains in english, whatever french or German or ...etc is activated

if i translate the title of the module in "Edit Page", the written title displays in the same used language, despite changing language in the footer
      Last edited by bendiesel; Sun 1 Apr '18, 1:46pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

Yes. These modules are not a "Latest Topics" or a "Recent Blog Posts" module. They are Search modules. The titles are set as options within the individual module configuration and therefore they are not translated. They aren't using the Phrase System. To change these module titles and change them to French, you will need to edit the page in Site Builder, then edit the modules and enter in the title you want to use.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bendiesel
          • Jan 2018
          • 5.3.x

thank you Wayne Luke, your clear explanation indicate good tracks concerning other items

but I would have preferred to have english titles: "Latest Topics" and "Recent Blog Posts" when English (US) is activated, and french titles when French is activated on the footer for example, but unfortunately if i enter a title in a Search modules, it will not be translated if i switch the language in the footer
          Last edited by bendiesel; Mon 2 Apr '18, 11:41am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by bendiesel
            thank you Wayne Luke, your clear explanation indicate good tracks concerning other items

but I would have preferred to have english titles: "Latest Topics" and "Recent Blog Posts" when English (US) is activated, and french titles when French is activated on the footer for example, but unfortunately if i enter a title in a Search modules, it will not be translated if i switch the language in the footer
            Yes. Unfortunately, you can choose only one at this time. There is a bug report open on this issue in our bug tracker. I have no estimated time on when it will be fixed. If it is important than I ask people to vote for it so I have more backing when I petition to have an issue fixed.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bendiesel
              • Jan 2018
              • 5.3.x

thankyou Wayne Luke , i just voted for it

Comment