X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daryn
    • Nov 2008
    • 3.7.x

[Bug / Issue] Posts being marked as spam after editing

I'm running on 5.4.0 and am running into a strange issue.

My users can post just fine. Their posts appear to everyone. Then if that user sees something they messed up and go to edit their post, it will get flagged as spam. There were no links in the posts and the bad word filters are blank on the Spam settings. This has been happening for a good while and I've not been able to find the source of it. I don't see anything in the Forum permissions or usergrouppermissions that should make this happen.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Starting in vBulletin 5.3.3, edited posts are checked for spam via the Akismet anti-spam service and any keywords that have been manually created in the Spam Management Settings of vBulletin. You can access these settings under Settings -> Spam Settings in the AdminCP.

Please note that the "Detect Words as Spam" box does not handle phrases. Every word that is placed in the box will be checked independently. Do not place words that are commonly used on your site in this box.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Daryn
      • Nov 2008
      • 3.7.x

I've checked this. I don't have anything in that field. I should also point out again that the posts get flagged as Spam after being edited, not on initial post. I don't know if I was clear on that before. I thought Iha been.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

I can't recreate it on a default install. You'll need to open a support ticket and someone will need to log into your server and database to see if we can determine the issue.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment