• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewSmithCWHI
    • Jul 2017
    • 5.2.x

v5.4.0 "Go to first new post" link dissapeared

Hello

I just finished an upgrade from 5.3.1 to 5.4.0 and I thought it went reasonably smoothly but one thing seems to have gone wrong.

The installation used to have a link next to threads that have unread posts that said "Go to first new post". Now it's just this:

Code:

<span class="vb-icon vb-icon-topic-status js-open-close-topic h-hide-on-small h-hide-on-narrow-column" title="Contains unread posts."></span>
    Does anyone know why this may have happened? I'm assuming it's a skin issue, where would I go to look for it?

Is there a button somewhere that will show me differences between the default skin and its current state? Longer-term I'd like to get rid of as many customizations as possible, but I can't even see where they are except after an upgrade when I have to confirm the style merges.

This is the forum: https://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/forum/

Thanks in advance.
  • AndrewSmithCWHI
    • Jul 2017
    • 5.2.x

Found it, it was here:

vB original:

Code:
    <a href="{vb:url {vb:raw topic.routeid}, {vb:raw topic}, {vb:raw querystring}}" class="go-to-first-unread b-icon b-icon__double-arrow-down--blue js-go-to-first-unread" title="{vb:phrase 'go_to_first_new_post'}">&nbsp;</a>
    Bad customized value:

Code:
    <a href="{vb:url {vb:raw topic.routeid}, {vb:raw topic}, {vb:raw querystring}}" class="go-to-first-unread js-go-to-first-unread" title="{vb:phrase 'go_to_first_new_post'}">&nbsp;</a>
    I've seriously got to find a way to remove all these random customizations.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You can view the changes between the default template and the edited template by clicking the "View History" link when editing a template.

You can delete customizations simply by clicking "Revert" button for a template or using one of the default styles provided.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment