X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Completely
    • Mar 2018
    • 5.3.x

[Bug / Issue] Unable to edit or delete certain custom pages

This is my first time posting to this forum, so hopefully I am in the right place. If there is other information that I need to disclose, please tell me.
    The owner put in a support ticket, which has lead me here. The support staff provided me with the general Edit Page information, but it was not helpful in this situation.

I am currently working on a site running vBulletin 5.3.4 and I have encountered an issue while updating a static HTML module. I left out a quotation mark in the module and I am unable to use AdminCP (Edit Page button) to edit the custom page or delete it. Clicking the Edit Page button on the page experiencing this issue will redirect to the home page of the website. (/#) This is not the first time that I have had this issue, but I have not encountered a potential fix. I spent an amount of time using f2p to see if I could find any file associated with those custom pages, without any luck. I also searched the forum for a fix and could not find one, the FAQ etc.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Login to AdminCP and temporarily disable HTML Module rendering.

AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Disable PHP, Static HTML, and Ad Module rendering > Yes.

Then go back to the page with the Static HTML module. Reload it and then edit the page again. Fix the HTML code and then save. Then enable the above option back.

You should do the above steps whenever you have errors in the Static HTML module, PHP module or Ad module.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Completely
      • Mar 2018
      • 5.3.x

Thank you, with your help I was able to get things in working order.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Glad to help

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• bendiesel
          • Jan 2018
          • 5.3.x

thank you Glenn

Comment