X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Infintie-Studio
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Having Issues Logging in with the Admin Control Panel

Hello, its seems as though I ran into bit of snag.

I keep having to login from the main page first to be able to login to the Admin Control Panel.
    When I try to login from the admin panel after I click sign-in the page essentially just refreshes? Has anyone else had this issue.?

I don't know if it has anything to do with SSL or not but I did change the .htaccess file to redirect to https:// if it detects the non secure method.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

What is the URL configured in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details > vBulletin URL? Does it use https and with or without www? You have to use the same URL configured there and add a redirect rule for the other variation of the URL to redirect to the correct URL. Also make sure the cookie prefix in the /config.php and /core/includes/config.php are the same.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Infintie-Studio
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

I did manage to get it fixed, as you said the prefix was not the same in the /config.php file for what ever reason.
      Thanks sir

Comment

• Parture
        • Sep 2005
        • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
        What is the URL configured in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details > vBulletin URL? Does it use https and with or without www? You have to use the same URL configured there and add a redirect rule for the other variation of the URL to redirect to the correct URL. Also make sure the cookie prefix in the /config.php and /core/includes/config.php are the same.
        I added the www and now with SSL my site icons work, but there is still one problem. The icons in the control panel itself are broken. How do I fix that?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Parture

I added the www and now with SSL my site icons work, but there is still one problem. The icons in the control panel itself are broken. How do I fix that?
          This is a forum for vBulletin 5 Support. The answers in this forum are not relevant to vBulletin 4.X. You must create a new topic in the proper location to obtain support.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment