X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • habili
    • Jan 2018
    • 4.2.x

problem in selecting name during registratin

hello dear friends. when i want to register in forum and in register page when i enter my name it doesn't let me to enter name if there is a name in database like my name, for example if there is a person registered with the name Daniel , it wont let me to register with Daniel123 or Danieltest or Daniel987654
    how can i solve it?!!
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

I can't replicate that on my own or this site. can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except config.php.bkp, core/includes/config.php.new and the core/install directory) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server.

Does this resolve the problem?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

What is the character limit for names set to on your site? AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options. There are options for minimum character and maximum character field. If you have the maximum length set to 6 characters, all the examples above are exactly the same name. Increase the maximum character limit.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...