Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Unexpected token M in JSON at position 0

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keyuramin
    • Jan 2018
    • 5.3.x

Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Unexpected token M in JSON at position 0

Hi Folks,

I am getting this error while previewing or posting a post.

What could be going wrong?

Cheers
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except config.php.bkp, core/includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server and re-run the upgrade script.

Does this resolve the problem?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• keyuramin
      • Jan 2018
      • 5.3.x

Hi Trevor,

I didn't manage to get this done but now that I tried to post again as an admin, the following error jumped up.

Error while saving content: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected identifier "Main"

Do you still recommend doing the above suggested solution to see if this error resolves or not? Please advise.

Or upgrading to the latest version will suffice.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Yes, either try the above or perform an upgrade to the latest version which will include doing the above
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment