My Site Is Down And It Sounds Like a Software Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Site Is Down And It Sounds Like a Software Issue

This is the warning i get. I have made no changes. A System Error has occured.

The software is experiencing a systems error.

You should attempt to repeat your last action. If this error occurs again, please contact the site administrator.

This error predominantly occurs when vBulletin cannot create a connection to the MySQL database. Please verify that the database connection information in /core/includes/config.php is correct. You can verify the values needed for connecting to the database with your hosting provider. We do not know that information.

If the technical contact email in the /core/includes/config.php file is correct and updated to your email address, you should also receive an email about the error with more details. The default just goes nowhere.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Ok im on chat support with namecheap.com now. Ill tell them that.

Comment

Namecheap said everything checked out on their end. Thats crazy that just like that a VB site can be gone. Pretty bummed.

Comment

Nothing breaks without something being changed.
          If it worked before, then either they or you have changed something.

You should find out from them what the actual error is - they should have this in the server logs.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

You can put the site into debug mode and see the actual error.

www.vbulletin.com/go/vb5debug
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Im paying Glenn to look into this. I made no changes. I havnt been in the cpanel in months.

Comment

Originally posted by Cfleet1 View Post
                Im paying Glenn to look into this. I made no changes. I havnt been in the cpanel in months.
                As stated, software does not and can not break on its own. Something has been changed, most likely on the server, for instance a simple php version upgrade could break things.
                If it's on the server then it's quite likely your hosts that have changed something.

Comment

A database table had crashed apparently. I have no idea how that happens

Comment

It can happen on any database and there are multitudes of causes.

Had we got the atual errors from the server logs, as I'd suggested in post #5, we would have almost certainly discovered this was the issue and could have given you the query to run to fix it.

There's generally a reason we ask the questions that we do.

Anyway - glad it's sorted. Glenn knows his stuff, too.

Comment

Glenn could probably answer those questions about the errors. Glenn is great. The bummer part of it for me personally is the cost to run my forum. At any moment i can be on the hook for a bunch of money. I should have gone with VB Cloud.

Can my data be transferred to a cloud vb?

Comment

Glenn could probably answer those questions about the errors. Glenn is great. The bummer part of it for me personally is the cost to run my forum. At any moment i can be on the hook for a bunch of money. I should have gone with VB Cloud.

Can my data be transferred to a cloud vb?
                        Yes it can, though I think you're panicking unnecessarily. You've had a database table crash. It can happen. It shouldn't KEEP happening, but if it's a one off it's almost certainly nothing to worry about.

What I would do, is grab a database backup regularly so you have something to restore back to in case of disaster. This is good practice for all sites and all database-driven software.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Yes it can, though I think you're panicking unnecessarily. You've had a database table crash. It can happen. It shouldn't KEEP happening, but if it's a one off it's almost certainly nothing to worry about.

What I would do, is grab a database backup regularly so you have something to restore back to in case of disaster. This is good practice for all sites and all database-driven software.
                          Im panicking because its down again. And not even Glenn can get in. So im back on chat with Namecheap. Im panicking because Glenn is also not cheap. And i keep having to pay for upgrades. To be honest....VB is not a forum a guy like me should be in. Its too technical. And i make no money off my site. So i keep pumping cash into it. Every time it breaks it costs me money.

Im better off with a cheap free forum. Proboards or something to that effect. I just dont have the technical background to figure out a forum that is so unstable. Nor the cash to keep using Glenn.

I know you think im overreacting and being dramatic....but im putting 2 kids through college and have very little income. The last thing i need is to be nickle and dimed by VB issues. I just cant afford it. Ready to just cut the cord and start over with my community.

Bite the bullet on the already 2K+ i have sunk into this place.

Comment

Im panicking because its down again. And not even Glenn can get in. So im back on chat with Namecheap. Im panicking because Glenn is also not cheap. And i keep having to pay for upgrades. To be honest....VB is not a forum a guy like me should be in. Its too technical. And i make no money off my site. So i keep pumping cash into it. Every time it breaks it costs me money.

Im better off with a cheap free forum. Proboards or something to that effect. I just dont have the technical background to figure out a forum that is so unstable. Nor the cash to keep using Glenn.

I know you think im overreacting and being dramatic....but im putting 2 kids through college and have very little income. The last thing i need is to be nickle and dimed by VB issues. I just cant afford it. Ready to just cut the cord and start over with my community.

I've seen elsewhere that Namecheap have had some problems today and have been performing emergency maintenance: https://status.namecheap.com/archives/36818
                            Although allegedly completed, they had a lot of sites offline for a while and I would be surprised if your issues aren't related to this.

Comment

Most likely. They cant get the fix right though. They say its a Mysql server issue. They fix it. And then a couple minutes later its back to this.

​​​​​​ Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@thepowderblues.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                              Apache/2.4.29 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.0.2n mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.thepowderblues.com Port 80

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X