• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panoramia
    • Oct 2013
    • 5.1.x

banned user still receives email notifications

Dear Sirs,

I am having some issues with banned users, they are still receiving email notifications. I've banned them, blocked their IPs, but still receive email notifications. How can I disable email notifications for banned users? It seems illogical that banned users keep on receiving email notifications, vBulletin should automate that process and toggle that function off automatically.

Could that also be happening for members that no longer are part of the forums? I was never told but seeing that banned users receive notifications, it could be possible that older members that no longer are part of the forum receive them as well.

Any help on how to disable notifications for banned users? I am using vBulletin 5.2.4
    Thanks in advance for your support.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can delete a user's subscriptions from the Quick Links menu seen when viewing their account in the AdminCP.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      We don't code for your forum. We try to account for thousands of sites with thousands of different configurations. Decisions have to be made.

You're welcome to log an improvement request in the Issue Tracker.

• panoramia
      panoramia commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course you don't code for my forum, who is saying that? I am only giving you the rationale behind it, a ban is a ban here and in Beijing, paying business free forum. You also support subscriptions in your forum, it's a leak in the rationale behind it which you are obviously ignoring. I've also been a developer in the past and believe when I say that I would hear very loud and clear the opinions of my clients, I would not welcome him to add an improvement request, I would log it myself and ask one of my programmers to fix it, but you won't and that says a lot about vBulletin. You've added features that only a cockroach fleeing from a fire would find or use. Many and many more users are moving their forums to other providers, this kind of replies is one of the reasons. Thanks for your support.
      Last edited by panoramia; Wed 7 Mar '18, 9:42pm.

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not ignoring it. I am simply saying how it works now and how you can get it changed through an improvement request. I don't develop or plan the software's features. I can only support what is in the software when it is released. Having you request a feature change carries more weight than doing it myself since you're a customer.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...