• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petes80
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

How to post blogs in main blog channel

Hi

I'm trying to set up the blog section of the forum. Is there a way to create a blog channel so that the URL is simply myforum.com/blog? At the moment, to create a blog, it seems I have to create one within the "Blogs" channel so the URL is myforum.com/blogs/blog. This is messy and pointless.

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You cannot create blog entries in the Main Blog channel. You have to create a personal blog first.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• petes80
      • Sep 2017
      • 5.3.x

Thanks for your response Wayne.

So for now I have created a new blog under the "Blogs" section and set the URL to be just /blogs/b. At least this is short. However I couldn't see how to amend the old blog channel to use this shorter URL. Instead I moved the 1 blog post we had out to another channel (a random forum channel), deleted the old blog channel and created the new blog channel. The problem now is there isn't the option to move the blog post into the new blog channel. I only get the options to move it to other forum channels.

How can I move it back into the new blog channel? It has comments against it so I don't want to delete it and re-post it if I don't have to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...