Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usergroup Permissions

Hello,

i have a plugin where i save the usergroup permissions. I click all to yes but after saving all radio buttons are set to no. But in the database the value is correct?
    Is this a bug of vBulletin? Permission settings working. So i think its only a display problem??

An issue with a plugin would not be a bug with the core software. I'm not sure what what cause you to think otherwise unless your plugin modifies the core software.

Comment

An issue with a plugin would not be a bug with the core software.
      The core software added the value "31" to the db and should process when displaying it... Worked in previous versions...

Comment

We can't help without seeing the issue in action. Did you create the plugin or someone did? Whoever is the dev he/she would know better how to fix this issue.

GIPHY for vB5 | AutoLinker | Video Attachments Player | Last Registered Users Module | Clear System Cache Cron | Drag-n-Drop Upload | Topic AJAX AutoUpdate | Force Read Topic

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
          An issue with a plugin would not be a bug with the core software. I'm not sure what what cause you to think otherwise unless your plugin modifies the core software.
          admincp/usergroup.php

Find:

PHP Code:
            $usergroup vB_Api::instanceInternal('usergroup')->fetchUsergroupByID($usergroupid); 
          Replace 2 times:

PHP Code:
            $usergroup vB_Library::instance('usergroup')->fetchUsergroupByID($usergroupid); 
          Its a bug !

Now working...

Comment

I would recommend reporting this in the bug tracker so it can be looked at by the developers.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The difference between Library and API for the fetchUsergroupByID function is in the API it sanitizes the passed usergroup ID and only includes known usergroup permissions and filters out unknown or custom usergroups. That explains why usergroups created by third-party plugins don't work. This could be by design. Normally, clients (AdminCP in this case) should call the API and not call the Library directly because the Library has no validation checks which are done in the API. If you call the Library directly, it bypasses the validation checks.

GIPHY for vB5 | AutoLinker | Video Attachments Player | Last Registered Users Module | Clear System Cache Cron | Drag-n-Drop Upload | Topic AJAX AutoUpdate | Force Read Topic

Comment

You will need to create a JIRA and the developers can explain the proper way for you to do this.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

This may be caused by this issue: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17765
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Working...
                  X