"File does not contain expected contents" - How to fix?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark.hs
    • Dec 2016

"File does not contain expected contents" - How to fix?

I recently upgraded from 5.3.2 to 5.4. After the upgrade I went to Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions. A few files (examples: fcm.php and fcmqueue.php) showed as still being v 5.3.2. I manually uploaded the flagged files from the install package to my server and then ran the upgrade one more time. After I was done I went back to the diagnostics screen and now the files that once said wrong version now say "File does not contain expected contents". I opened each file and the code looks normal.

Any idea how to fix this or what might be going on?
    Admin for hobbysquawk.com
    VB 5.74
    PHP 8.2
    Maria DB 10.6
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

To remove this error, you need to replace the files with the ones found in a clean download for your version and license. If you use files from another version, they will not match. If you use the files from another license, they will not match. The version number and license ID for each and every file should be listed at the top. If the md5_sums_vbulletin.php file in /core/includes is out of date, your files will not match.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mark.hs
      • Dec 2016

Wayne,
      License Number and Version number are a perfect match on all files which say "file does not contain expected contents"

I opened md5_sums_vbulletin.php and it also has the correct version and license number. You said if this file is "out of date", your files will not match. Is there something I need to do to update this file specifically? Maybe this file has outdated info, is there a way to update it?
      VB 5.74
      PHP 8.2
      Maria DB 10.6

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

It should be updated every time you upload a new version of vBulletin files. You would have to make sure the new files actually overwrite the old ones. The modified date should be updated if they were updated.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mark.hs
          • Dec 2016

I think this is a good old fashioned false positive. The files are all correct, the contents are all correct. I've seen posts from v4 users who had the same issues, if they uploaded a few files manually after the upgrade, the checksums do not match and the files are reported as not containing expected content. Hopefully this will go away with the next upgrade.

Mark
          VB 5.74
          PHP 8.2
          Maria DB 10.6

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Download a fresh copy of the 5.4.0 package from the members area. Unzip it and upload ALL the files to the server, making sure they overwrite what is already there. Then run the diagnostic again.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• mark.hs
              • Dec 2016

Mark,
              Downloading a fresh copy, overwriting everything did the trick. The files are no longer being listed with errors. Thank you for the help.

VB 5.74
              PHP 8.2
              Maria DB 10.6

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...