X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forum@millerwelds
    • Feb 2018
    • 5.2.x

Verification emails not sending to new users

Hello. Our forum is running on vB 5.2.6. We received a few emails from new users on our forum that they never received an email to verify their account, so they are not able to post. I created a new user account to test the email function, and did not receive a verification email. I found a forum thread suggesting to do a test send within vBulletin and to then check Maintenance > Diagnostics. When I did that, the below error appeared in Diagnostics. I'm hoping for some guidance in resolving this issue. I appreciate your help!
    The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.
    The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed in .../vb/mail/smtp.php on line 200 Warning: Unable to negotitate TLS handshake. in .../vb/mail/smtp.php on line 147
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You will have to have your hosting provider resolve the SSL errors on the server. That is configured outside of vBulletin.

You should upgrade to vBulletin 5.4.0 as well. There is no reason to be running old obsolete versions of the vBulletin 5 software.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• forum@millerwelds
      • Feb 2018
      • 5.2.x

Hi Wayne, I appreciate your help. I will upgrade to 5.4.0 and work with the hosting provider on the SSL error. Thank you!

Comment

• forum@millerwelds
        • Feb 2018
        • 5.2.x

Follow up questions: As we work to have the SSL error resolved, is there another way to allow users (or myself) to verify their account? If I remove account verification as a requirement for new accounts, will that apply to accounts already created and currently awaiting verification, or only to new accounts created? Thanks!

Comment