Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I disable/hide the button "Upload Attachments"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I disable/hide the button "Upload Attachments"?

I have tried two things:

First, I went to AdminCP -> Usergroups -> User Management, then I set the following options:
    * Maximum number of Attachments per post: 0
    * Can upload Attachments: no
    * Can create Attachments: no

Second, I went to AdminCP -> Attachment -> Attachment Rights, then I set "no" to the option "can upload this data type" of every single data type.

Even so, when I create a post, the option "Upload Attachments" is still there.

So, how can I disable/hide the button "Upload Attachments"?

Note: my system isn't in English, so the options might have a slightly different name.

If you're logged in as an administrator you will always see the attachments options. Try logging in as a regular member and see if you still see them.

Comment

I've logged in as a regular member. This user is part of "registered users" only, but I can still see the option of uploading attachments.

Comment

There is no mechanism built-in to hide it. Actually trying to upload an attachment should give an error.

However, you can hide it with Custom CSS. Add this line to your css_additional.css template:
        Code:
        [data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--attachment"] {display:none;}
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I really didn't like the error being displayed to the user.

Your solution worked like magic.
          Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X