X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig
    • Jan 2008
    • 6.X

Articles - The page isn’t redirecting properly

What would cause the page not to re-direct properly as seen here; https://www.an-open-line.com/articles

When you click on the article, you will get the message.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Have you changed the URL of the Articles page often or that article? The system automatically builds redirects every time you rename a page. We added code in 5.4.0 to collapse these so they don't accumulate and cause this issue but could have missed a couple of instances.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Craig
      Craig commented
      Editing a comment
      I did. Yesterday I did this;

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You can set the Articles Page for your Home Page. Then set the article list to show three columns of articles instead of one. The route to do so takes a few steps.
      1. Click Edit Page on your current home page.
      2. Save the page.
      3. Update the URL so it is "forums" or something similar.
      4. Finish Saving.
      5. Edit the Articles Page.
      6. Change its URL to be empty.
      7. Finish Saving.
      8. Update your Navigation tabs to reflect the new URLs of the respective pages.
      You can also create a custom page and use a three column layout with different search modules to display content in those columns. To create a custom page, just click "New Page" in the site Builder menu.

Here is an example of the Articles page on my test site: https://forums.rabidbadger.io/articles
      To see how it looked, then re-verted it back until I was ready for the change.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Hmm that shouldn't be enough redirects to trigger this but we would need access to the database via support ticket to look at the routing table.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Craig
      • Jan 2008
      • 6.X

ok, i'll open a ticket.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Comment

• Craig
        • Jan 2008
        • 6.X

Ticket opened.

Comment

• Craig
          • Jan 2008
          • 6.X

Funny thing about this. I reverted back to the articles landing page, and all redirects work fine.

I have not gone back to default layout to see if problem is still present, though.

Comment