Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom home page

Hi !
    I just bought vBulletin and I aim to install it at the root of the site. I wonder if it is possible to make a home page with extracts of articles in 3 columns containing a photo and the number of comments. would I need an addon, a specific programming or should i install vBulletin with wordpress for example.

I found a site that uses vBulletin I think, but in any case this is the type of homepage that i would like to realize using only vBulletin on my site if it's possible..

Click image for larger version

Name:	11.png
Views:	1
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	4386793

thank you for your advice because I really need it since I am a beginner with vBulletin.

You can set the Articles Page for your Home Page. Then set the article list to show three columns of articles instead of one. The route to do so takes a few steps.
    1. Click Edit Page on your current home page.
    2. Save the page.
    3. Update the URL so it is "forums" or something similar.
    4. Finish Saving.
    5. Edit the Articles Page.
    6. Change its URL to be empty.
    7. Finish Saving.
    8. Update your Navigation tabs to reflect the new URLs of the respective pages.
    You can also create a custom page and use a three column layout with different search modules to display content in those columns. To create a custom page, just click "New Page" in the site Builder menu.

Here is an example of the Articles page on my test site: https://forums.rabidbadger.io/articles
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Here is an example of the Articles page on my test site: https://forums.rabidbadger.io/articles
      Sharp!

Organizations must hire quality people — "If you hire stupid people, they are not going to get better over time," ~ Gordon Graham.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

thank you i really appreciate your help ! i'll try to follow your steps

and your link looks amazing ! by giving idea about what we can do with vBulletin,

Comment

Can this be done by making each column (using a three column layout) display a specific category?
          Organizations must hire quality people — "If you hire stupid people, they are not going to get better over time," ~ Gordon Graham.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
            Can this be done by making each column (using a three column layout) display a specific category?
            Not at this time. You could use a three-column layout and use a search engine to pull results from different categories.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I was thinking that too. Looks pretty good at that.

Last edited by NumNum; Tue 13th Mar '18, 1:47pm.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                You can set the Articles Page for your Home Page. Then set the article list to show three columns of articles instead of one. The route to do so takes a few steps.
                1. Click Edit Page on your current home page.
                2. Save the page.
                3. Update the URL so it is "forums" or something similar.
                4. Finish Saving.
                5. Edit the Articles Page.
                6. Change its URL to be empty.
                7. Finish Saving.
                8. Update your Navigation tabs to reflect the new URLs of the respective pages.
                You can also create a custom page and use a three column layout with different search modules to display content in those columns. To create a custom page, just click "New Page" in the site Builder menu.

Interesting! I didn't know vB5 can do this.

Originally posted by bendiesel View Post
                Hi !
                I just bought vBulletin and I aim to install it at the root of the site. I wonder if it is possible to make a home page with extracts of articles in 3 columns containing a photo and the number of comments. would I need an addon, a specific programming or should i install vBulletin with wordpress for example.

I found a site that uses vBulletin I think, but in any case this is the type of homepage that i would like to realize using only vBulletin on my site if it's possible..

Click image for larger version

Name:	11.png
Views:	1
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	4386793

thank you for your advice because I really need it since I am a beginner with vBulletin.

As Wayne Luke suggested then you only follow steps and there is a homepage as your requirement. But if you want to have a better one, I would you have a look on the homepage of this hosting forum https://forumweb.hosting it has 3 columns and showing threads under each one, it will easily to find and read more threads on your homepage. Just a thing, it was vB4, not sure vB5 can customize according to this orient.

Just my 0.00002 cents!

Best Advertising Forum and Marketing Forum on the internet!

Comment

thank you helenblog, the home page has interactive and clear looking,

i got also other issues with the home page of 5.4, you can look at the topic that i posted yesterday :
                  https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...cles-home-page

definitely VB could be better without these issues,,

Comment

Working...
                  X