X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mlott132
    • Dec 2015
    • 5.1.x

Site does not display correctly after 5.4 upgrade

My site is currently running VB4. I am doing testing on a different server to upgrade this to VB5. I had the test site running just fine with 5.3.4. Downloaded and upgraded the test site to 5.4 this weekend and now it will not display correctly. This happened after I made a configuration change in the site url settings. Now I cannot even get back to admincp to undo this change. Is there a file I can edit to undo this change? Here is what my site looks like while inspecting in Chrome. As this is a test site only, it would not be the end of the world that I would have to start from scratch. Just hoping there is an easier way.

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin relies on the correct URL to load the CSS files properly. Without them, the format of the page will be incorrect and you will not be able to login. If your installation is on an IP address, you must use that exact IP address.

You will have to upload the tools.php and the /core/install directory to change your URL so that it is correct. Tools.php should go into the /core/admincp directory and you would access it via siteaddress/admincp.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mlott132
      • Dec 2015
      • 5.1.x

Thanks Wayne. Was able to correct my mistake. All good now.

Comment