• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oore
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.3.x

Invalid file specified

Hello,

What defines, whether not logged in users are able to download an image/attachment via /filedata/fetch?id= ?

In my forum it's working for some images and for others not (then error "Invalid file specified" is shown).

Thanks in advance!

Oore
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There are Channel Permissions "Can Download Image Attachments" and "Can Download Non-Image Attachments". Generally, though guest users cannot download attachments in the software. You can access the Channel Permissions in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Oore
      • Oct 2017
      • 5.3.x

Here the different outcome was occurring on the same thread. Some images could be accessed others not.

Maybe you have another idea, why the outcome is different.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Did you upgrade from 4.X and some of the images were before the upgrade? There is an open issue where some people report an issue with attachments from before the upgrade not being accessible. It is in the current workload queue. However that queue constantly changes due to reported issues so I don't have a specific time it will be worked on.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Oore
          • Oct 2017
          • 5.3.x

Yes, I have upgraded from VB4. But all images prior the installation are accessible, a few after are also, but most of the new ones not.

The images aren't added as attachment. They are inline images in a thread and not appearing in the list of attachments.

Comment