Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rag_gupta
    • Apr 2011

Include javascript file in create thread page

I want to run some Jquery code when we try to create a thread's first post. Where is the step by step instruction or help do add a js file?

Why always I find useless results in Google about vBulletin questions?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

You can add an HTML module and add JavaScript code in there. We cannot offer any support for custom code however.

Questions about the quality of Google results should be addressed to Google, we have no influence over what Google chooses to show.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

I would suggest a template hook over a module. The editor has several template hooks that may suit your purpose. Or you can simply add it to one of the footer template hooks on your page. However, you request is really vague so suggesting a number of steps to implement it is difficult.

To use template hooks, you would put your custom code in a new custom template (Add New Template in the Options Dropdown in the Style Manager). Then assign that template to a hook under Hooks & Products -> Manage Template Hooks. Your new template will be included at the hook location selected.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rag_gupta
        • Apr 2011

Can you please help me with it's documentation? I'll study and do. I need to inject a javascript file which will do something.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

What does the jQuery code you're inserting do?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment