Need Category and subcategory in each thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Here’s an example of how I used topic prefixes in this way, on my cloud demo site:
    https://www.adminammo.com/forum/gene...are-discussion

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you use Topic Prefixes -
    • You can make them required so one is always chosen.
    • The end user will choose one from a drop-down
    • Each prefix will automatically be linked in the topic lists. Clicking on it performs a search of all topic prefixes.
    • You can style them with CSS to make them colorful buttons like StackExchange if you wish.

Leave a comment:

• rag_gupta
    replied
    No problem I've another design.

I'll have a tag for every company+product combo.

So for Samsung-Mobile I'll create a tag :samsung-mobile

To have user select it, I'll create a popup asking them to select company and then show it's corresponding products and combine both to map to pre-established tag id : company-product.

Is this idea feasible?

Like that of Stackexchange sites?

Using this technique I'll have limited forums at the same time created focused forums.

Only that for each url of tag company+product POST new thread should already have this tag pre-populated.

I hope it should be straight forward by inserting a javascript file in the relevant template( something like forum create)

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This is not currently possible with tags alone. You can use a combination of tags and thread prefixes. To have hierarchal tags, it would require custom coding or the feature to be added to vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• rag_gupta
    started a topic Need Category and subcategory in each thread

Need Category and subcategory in each thread

I want something like Stackexchange site tagging system but I need two level tags( parent-child).

I've 1000 companies and each company has 5 products.

There is going to be single Common forum.

When we create a thread I want to select a company first in the tag then I want to select product name within the company in 2nd tag.

For example:

Thread1: Tag1: Samsung Sub-tag : mobile
    Thread2: Tag1: Sony Sub-tag: laptop

So when I select Sony then in Sub-tags only Sony's products should come.

What is the way to do it?

VB already allows single level tagging.

Something as explained in https://www.drupal.org/files/project...SHS_widget.png
    Last edited by rag_gupta; Wed 7 Feb '18, 10:58pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...