Images not displaying in Articles, JSON text instead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images not displaying in Articles, JSON text instead

I had a few articles created, with images as attachments, that had a thumbnail inserted into the contents of the message. This all worked fine; the image was displayed in the message and so on.

Today, I created a new article, did the same thing, The new article looks fine, in Articles Page, and also in GO TO POST.

But my two other articles, looking fine in the Articles Page, showing the image, have this problem when I click on GO TO POST.

Instead of showing the image inside the article, it displays something like:

Code:
    ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"left","data-size":"medium","title":"mistletoe","data-attachmentid":66}[/ATTACH
    No image, just this text instead. I left out the opening and closing brackets since it wouldn't display properly.

Are the [ brackets ] at start and end also in your original code?

Code:
    [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"left","data-size":"medium","title":"mistletoe","data-attachmentid":66}[/ATTACH]
    Which vB version and attachment are you using? It looks different at my forum:

Attachment:
    [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"thumb","data-tempid":"temp_74_1518006651344_230"}[/ATTACH]

BBcode-Picture:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-tempid":"temp_74_1518006479486_359","title":"Bildschirmfoto.png"}[/ATTACH]

Are you shure it is a picture?
    Last edited by delicjous; Wed 7th Feb '18, 3:33am.
    vBulletin-forum.de | Das deutschsprachige vBulletin 5 Forum! | Widgets, Mods und Anleitungen auf deutsch.
    Team online, Navbar UnreadCount, Moderation-Info, New: Show hook-positions, Auto-close Threads, Latest Likes, Top-Posters PRO

Comment

Yes, I couldn't get the post to display the brackets so I left them out. But my point is, this is a picture image that was attached, it was showing a picture previously for weeks, now it is just showing this text. VB 5.3.4 Patch Level 1.

The image shows in the main Articles page where the first part of each article is displayed. If you click "GO TO POST" to view the article fully, the image is gone and the JSON text is displayed (see image attached here). If you then click edit to edit the article, the picture returns where it is supposed to be. See picture 2.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by StephenKay; Wed 7th Feb '18, 9:36am.

Comment

Is this a copied article or the original?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

It's two original articles that were published weeks ago. They were working fine up until when I noticed this yesterday.

I created a new article yesterday, also put in a picture as an attachment and inserted a thumbnail. This new article is working properly.

So I have one new article that shows the picture when you GO TO POST, and two previous original articles that show this JSON text.

EDIT:
          Also, I should mention that I recently created two categories under Articles, and moved these two posts into one of them using the AdminCP CMS tools. I wonder if that had some effect.

Comment

Yes, this appears to be a bug. I used the CMS tools to move the article back into the top level Articles Node, where it was created. Now the picture displays again.

Comment

If you edit the new channels in the Channel Manager, is the "Allow BBCode" option set to Yes/

Wayne Luke

Comment

Heh-heh, I was just coming here to post about that. I figured it out. Somehow, in one of the child categories, Allow BB Code was set to No. I'm not sure how that happened; I was experimenting and I may have created one of the categories in the CMS Category List, while the other I may have created using Add New Forum.

In any case, setting Allow BB Code to Yes fixes the issue. So I don't know if that's a bug, or the way it should be working.

Comment

The option is by design. It should be set to yes by default though.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Working...
                  X