Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenKay
    • Apr 2003

Getting rid of Camera Icon for adding photos from album

How do I get rid of the camera icon for adding photos to a post? I've tried disabling "can create gallery" in various forum permissions, as advised in another post, to no avail. It doesn't work.

I'm an admin. I disabled this in "admin" and "registered users" permissions for articles, where I'm testing it. The camera icon is still there.

• In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

You want to remove the icon itself?

Try adding the following to your css_additional.css template

b-icon .b-icon__tool-camera {
    display: none;
    }

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

The permissions do work, but the admin will always see them regardless. Test it with an ordinary user.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
        The permissions do work, but the admin will always see them regardless. Test it with an ordinary user.
        We've turned ours off and don't see them as admin. You do have to turn it off for every user group so we did for admin too

Comment

• StephenKay
          StephenKay commented
          Editing a comment
          I turned off "can create photo gallery" in my admin user group, and then edited channel permissions for my top level forum for admin to also turn that off, which then cascades down to all children forums, but I still see the camera icon when logged in as admin. What might I be doing wrong?

• Mrs.T
          Mrs.T commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure that's all I did Stephen. I followed instructions in a thread on here but can't find it now. Maybe the same one you found?
      • StephenKay
        • Apr 2003

I want to disable and remove that whole feature everywhere. I find it very confusing how that works, and just want people to attach images as attachments which works way more logically.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

You will need to deny it in the user group and channel permissions.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The permission is "Can Create Photo Gallery". Change it to No in one of the parent channels and all channels that inherit from that will be changed. If you have a lot of custom permissions, then you would have to change it everywhere custom permissions are used.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• StephenKay
              • Apr 2003

What's the difference between "can create photo gallery" and "can create photo"?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Photos are attachments.

Photo Galleries are topics.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• StephenKay
                  • Apr 2003

That's kind of... not clear.

If I want to make an attachment of a .jpg file to a post, that's not a photo, right? But it shows up as an image after I make it.

I don't want anyone to be able to attach a photo (using a camera icon) to any post. Just attach a .jpg or .png file.

So do I disable "can create photos"?

Comment

• Mrs.T
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by StephenKay
                    That's kind of... not clear.

If I want to make an attachment of a .jpg file to a post, that's not a photo, right? But it shows up as an image after I make it.

I don't want anyone to be able to attach a photo (using a camera icon) to any post. Just attach a .jpg or .png file.

So do I disable "can create photos"?
                    It took us a while to understand how the camera icon works.

Photo galleries (camera icon) are a content type, the same as using the polls, calendar and links icons. They act differently to a 'normal' post, the only way to remove them for instance is to delete the whole thing. They can't be edited.

Attachments, whether jpeg or pdf etc. can be removed from posts easily and new ones added.

Anyway, back to your problem - we haven't got 'can create photos' disabled. I don't think it matter if 'can create photo gallery' is disabled as it relates to that.

Last edited by Mrs.T; Mon 5 Feb '18, 11:43pm.

Comment

• Mrs.T
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 6.0.X

Stephen, in an earlier comment you said:

"I turned off "can create photo gallery" in my admin user group, and then edited channel permissions for my top level forum for admin to also turn that off, which then cascades down to all children forums, but I still see the camera icon when logged in as admin."

Have you checked that it did indeed cascade down? Try checking a few.

Also, I'm not sure if CMS is affected by that cascade or whether they need to be edited seperately, so also check articles.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by StephenKay
                        Yes... It is a photo. A photo is an image attached to a post. A photo gallery is a topic centered around multiple images uploaded at the same time.

I don't understand the confusion... If you go to Usergroups -> Channel Permissions and edit the permissions for the Registered Usergroup under "Forum". You can set the "Can Create Photo Gallery" permission to no. This usergroup will no longer see the Camera Icon.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2.png Views:	1 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	4385964

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...