X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig
    • Jan 2008
    • 6.X

vB Help module

I have a site that is on an intranet, used primarily for referencing material, passing on information, posting updates etc. The staff are inquiring if i can replace the stock vB material in the "Help module" with the agencies policy and procedures. They ask this because of the search functionality as they have hundreds of pages of P&P they reference often.

I see no reason why I cannot do this, but my question is would it all get overwritten on the next upgrade, or will I be prompted in the admincp and given the option to ignore or overwrite.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

Based upon my own experiences upgrades do not overwrite the help module. I've turned off (set the display order to "0") several of the default items and created several of my own and none of the upgrades on 5.4x has affected the help menus.

Comment

• Craig
      Craig commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for verifying!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...