Moved Hosting companies and now filedata/fetch is not working as well as no way to upload a new logo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amart79196
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.1.x

Moved Hosting companies and now filedata/fetch is not working as well as no way to upload a new logo

Current Hosting Server Stats: vbulletin 5.3.4 patch 1, php 5.6.30, libmysql - 5.1.73, phpmyadmin 4.7.3, Server version: 10.2.11-MariaDB-log - MariaDB Server,

Problem:
    I recently move to new hosting company a few days ago. Upon checking out how the cpanel restore went, I found that my vBulletin was having some problems. Currently all of the posts are there with their attachments. Everything is set to be stored in the database.

The problems that I am encoring at the moment is that the header logo is not displaying showing a broken pic. I am also seeing this in the admin panel along the left side where each topic name is directly to the right of it where you would collapse the view. I have also attempted to manually add a logo to the header and get an error that I can not upload a file. The exact verbiage states: Error uploading the logo.
    Please try again.
    There is a red triangle and a white exclamation point inside of the red triangle.

I am not that technically inclined but enough to get by and probably fix this. I'm my estimation, there is some issue with the forum knowing how to find the "filedata/fetch?filedataid". What is causing this I don't have the slightest idea.

What I have already done to try to remedy these issues:
    1. I have inspected the config.php file in /core/includes and didn't find any issues there
    2. Went to the old forum on the old hosting company, exported the database, made a new database on the new hosting company and imported it.
    3. had the hosting company refresh all the file permissions (not sure to what exactly but its something automatic that they can do to try to remedy things)
    4. Originally the new hosting company had the server php set to 7.0, but I recently move it to php5.6 and it is now currently on php5.6, but still nothing is resolved.

None of the above made any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance for your time and efforts in helping me with these issues.
    Last edited by amart79196; Fri 19 Jan '18, 1:43am.
  • bootsie1
    • Jun 2017
    • 5.3.x

you could upload the logo to the server and point to it in stylevars ie admincp/styles/style manager/
    edit the stylevar in the themes you have with the path to the logo example would be
    images/logo/logo.png
    Cometbar

DartsLeague

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

If you store your attachments in a directory, then you may have to update the path. It is doubtful that the paths on two different servers will match. To do this, you need to:
      1. Put your site into debug mode
      2. Log into the AdminCP
      3. Go to Settings -> Options -> Version Info and Other Untouchables
      4. Update the File Attachment Path value to reflect the new path.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• amart79196
        • Apr 2015
        • 5.1.x

That worked well. Thank you very much!

One last thing to ask you Wayne Luke:

Is there anywhere else that I would have to update this server information? Maybe it is set somewhere else in another debug setting? What you told me worked perfectly for the issues that I was having, but, maybe there is something that I am not seeing and will come up later. I just want to be sure that all server path entries that are anywhere in the backend settings of the vb5 are actually updated to the newest server path.

Many thanks again!
        Last edited by amart79196; Sat 20 Jan '18, 7:42pm.

Comment

• amart79196
          • Apr 2015
          • 5.1.x

Does anyone have any input on the last question that I asked?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

There is no other place you need to update the information for attachments.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment