• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panoramia
    • Oct 2013
    • 5.1.x

how to create a thread that is only visible to one user

Dear everyone,

I would like to how to create a thread that is only visible to one user. I mean, there is a member that wants to posts some ideas in a private thread but only him and myself (super admin) should be able to see those posts or be notified of updates on those posts.

What would be the way to create a thread that allows just that? Any help?

Thanks a lot. Happy new year!
    Alfonso
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Sounds like this would be best served with a private message topic. If you send him a private message, he can reply and so forth. Only you two would see it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• panoramia
      panoramia commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it is not possible. The area will contain a series of posts and lessons, attachments, my comments on those ideas, etc. It must be a thread but only that this user or users and myself can have access to it. I guess that should be possible, but unsure on how to do it and I needed some guidance if possible
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can do all of this in a private message thread in vBulletin 5.

the only way to make a forum topic hat only two people can view is to create a new usergroup. Add those two people. Then create a new forum channel. Finally under Channel Permissions, you would have to restrict the channel to only be usable by the usergroup that you created above.

private messages just seem simpler to manage.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...