X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrscot
    • Apr 2011
    • 4.1.x

Not Sending Activation Email

My new site doesn't mail the registration activation emails like it should. The pop window displays properly after I submit the registration form. All other email features work fine. I've tried different working emails and checked all junk folders.

Any ideas on what might be blocking them?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

If other mails are going out, then ALL mails are going out, and the mail is being blocked as spam by your email provider.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The only way to tell is to view the Mail Server log. You have to ask your server administrator for this. With today's internet focused on SSL and security, I recommend using SMTP. If your hosting provider doesn't provide SMTP access, you can purchase such from many providers for as little as $5 a month.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mrwhitee
        • Nov 2012
        • 5.3.x

My host set the mail program to send out on the static ip with ssl. Its only 5.00 a month. I Cant guarantee that will work for everyone. Before that , hotmail and outlook.com refused to work and no bounceback either. They were just dropping the emails which really sucks on their part to not bounce it back but maybe they have a reason. Gmail is more lenient .

Comment

• mrscot
          • Apr 2011
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
          If other mails are going out, then ALL mails are going out, and the mail is being blocked as spam by your email provider.
          Thanks, the spam filter was the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...