X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -=|zami|=-
    • Feb 2009

topics and messages are not shown after submission

friends, I have the following problem:

after creating a topic and clicking the "new topic" button, the system responds indefinitely "working ...". the topic is not shown.
    however, if I enter the channel where the topic should have been created, the topic is there. that is, the system does not confirm the creation of the topic after clicking the submit button, but the topic is created.

the same thing happens when I try to send a response to an already created topic. I write the answer and click on the "post reply" button. the system responds indefinitely "working ...". but if I click on F5, I verify that the response has been sent.

I checked that "Minimum Time Between Posts" = 0

Please, any suggestions for solution?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This is a common issue on older versions of vBulletin 5. Upgrading to vBulletin 5.3.4 should resolve the problem for you.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
      • Feb 2009

Thank you, Wayne !!

to do the upgrade, I will need to solve another problem.
      I did the upgrade, but the result was not good. the text of several messages were lost. This is another problem I'm asking for help:
      Hello!! Happy New Year to everybody! friends, I made the upgrade from version 5.2.0 to version 5.3.4 PL1. the upgrade process was apparently correct, but I have the following issues (some more serious than

As a solution, I went back to the previous version (5.2.0 PL1) so I did not miss those messages.

any suggestions to start solving the problem?

thanks!!!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Seems you have an answer in the other topic. Cross-posting doesn't improve the importance of your issue.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
          • Feb 2009

OK thank you!

Calm down, Wayne ... I apologize, but I have not tried in any way to increase the importance of any post I made. OK?
          I answered according to your answer, correct? I have no way of knowing that the answer to a problem is related to another problem. you understand?

I think the discussions are at a good level of cordiality and we do not need that.

Finally, I just answered the other problem topic. If you can help me with that other problem, thank you in advance.

thank you!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            This is a common issue on older versions of vBulletin 5. Upgrading to vBulletin 5.3.4 should resolve the problem for you.
            I believe this is still an intermittent issue for slow servers or big boards with slow performance. This is a timing issue that causes the Working indicator to be stuck due to a Javascript error. I have a temporary fix for this on my site.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
              • Feb 2009

Thank you Glenn!

about your answer, can I ask you a few questions?
              1) How to identify if my server is slow? is there any test or parameter?
              2) How to identify that my forum can be considered big board? is the size of the database? mine is close to 10Gb (cpanel).
              3) How to identify if the performance of my forum is slow? is there any test or parameter?

thank you!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

I don't have specific answers to your questions but just try if this temporary fix works

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...-indicator-fix

I have a client with 5M posts and installing the fix works for them. And I've heard from some staff here that they had installed the same in some of their customers' forums. Some of my forum members also reported the fix worked for them.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
                  • Feb 2009

OK thank you!
                  I'm trying to upgrade to version 5.3.4.
                  if I succeed in upgrading and the problem persists, I will use your solution.

Thanks!

Comment

• -=|zami|=-
                    • Feb 2009

friends, I was able to upgrade to the new version and the problem was solved.

thank you!

Comment