• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mna
    • Jun 2017
    • 5.3.x

calendar LIST and event module show wrong day for events

JIRA tracker: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-18046

I just recently noticed that events shown on the calendar event list or upcoming events widget show that they are on the wrong day from the time they are posted. For example I have an event posted for January 3rd, which shows as the 3rd after you click the event BUT on the calendar list or upcoming events module it shows it is on the 4th.

For an example look at my calendar for the January 3rd event: https://goo.gl/7kJUbL (I had to shorten the link because the JSON search would not link, alternatively go to our homepage then click "View Calendar" which is in our Upcoming Events module front and center)
    But when you click the LIST tab on the calendar it shows it as the 4th. It's also show as the 4th on our upcoming events module on the homepage: https://www.msflights.net/forum/

My thoughts are the List feature is using GMT time, which would be the 4th GMT time. I tried changing the website time settings to different time zones but it has not effect.

My calendar page is also showing two errors, so maybe this has something to do with it. After clicking the first link for our calendar you will notice that the info bar is down a bit with 2 lines of error that are hard to read because of the dark background. Here are the errors:
    Code:
    Warning: Illegal string offset 'readtime' in /home/msflhwbu/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(322) : eval()'d code on line 20 Warning: Illegal string offset 'user' in /home/msflhwbu/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(322) : eval()'d code on line 21 Warning: Illegal string offset 'user' in /home/msflhwbu/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(322) : eval()'d code on line 26 Warning: Illegal string offset 'user' in /home/msflhwbu/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(322) : eval()'d code on line 36

p.s. unrelated, but as an aviation website I would recommend vbulletin to use the modern standard of UTC and not GMT. GMT was used mostly before the 1970s as a time standard, here's a page about it: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/aboututc.html
    Last edited by mna; Wed 3 Jan '18, 10:32am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The event referenced shows on the 3rd for me as a guest. What is your personal time zone set to? What time zone do you have guests set to in the AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Date and Time Settings?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mna
      • Jun 2017
      • 5.3.x

Right now it's set to GMT-5 so guest's could see what I'm talking about. Even after logging out to become a guest the event "Short Hops" is listed as Jan4th in the module and event list, but has the correct day of the 3rd if you click the event to look at the details. Screenshot:

Comment

• mna
        • Jun 2017
        • 5.3.x

Here's another screenshot comparing the Calendar list to the actual event details:

Comment

• mna
          • Jun 2017
          • 5.3.x

Has anyone else noticed this problem? I wonder if it's just me?

Comment

• mna
            • Jun 2017
            • 5.3.x

Just created a JIRA tracking page: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-18046

Comment

• mna
              • Jun 2017
              • 5.3.x

bump, sorry I'm really trying to figure this problem out...has anyone else experienced this problem with 5.3.4? I'm thinking I might have to make a fresh install test website to see if it's a bug or see if something went wrong in my upgrade from 5.3.3 to 5.3.4.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

I cannot recreate this. The only way to tell is if it is an upgrade issue is to evaluate your pre-upgrade database backup.

It appears to be a timezone issue but you've already created a JIRA and QA will attempt to recreate it with the step provided in that JIRA. Then it will go to the developers if it is determined to be a bug.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mna
                  • Jun 2017
                  • 5.3.x

Just an update....this problem mysteriously fixed itself recently. I'm not sure if the vbulletin team fixed something in the backend if the software references external data? I changed nothing. This problem was reported by multiple users and is fixed for all users now.

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by mna
                    Just an update....this problem mysteriously fixed itself recently. I'm not sure if the vbulletin team fixed something in the backend if the software references external data? I changed nothing. This problem was reported by multiple users and is fixed for all users now.
                    That suggests some sort of server issue. We cannot remotely hotfix a self hosted site.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by mna
                      We haven't changed anything. The server probably updated its time tables in a recent update. We don't even know where to begin at this time. To demonstrate the scope of the behavior, I experience the same thing in events created using Apple's iCloud Calendar and on Facebook.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment