• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adkaush
    • Nov 2016
    • 4.2.x

vBulletin 5.3.4 Cannot Dismiss News

Good day,

I have been wondering since the time I moved to vBulletin Connect 5 from vBulletin 4.2.3

The problem is, I cannot dismiss news that show up on the admincp page. When I hit Dismiss button for any of the news, it goes to a blank screen and nothing happens.

Forum version: vBulletin 5.3.4. Patch Level 1 (Latest)
    PHP version: 7.1.7
    MySQL Version: 5.5.52-cll

I have tried 3 different browsers (Latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and Opera) but the problem appears on all these browsers.

Please advise what should I do to Dismiss the news that I have already read and followed.

Thanks for any help!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Are you blocking any javascript? If so, you shouldn't do that. Otherwise, you have a problem with your database and/or PHP configuration that results in a PHP error. You'll need to enable DEBUG Mode or review your PHP Error Logs to view the error.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• adkaush
      • Nov 2016
      • 4.2.x

Hello Wayne,

Sorry for the late reply. I enabled the debug mode as per the document in both the config files using Notepad++

I still experience the same issue and cannot dismiss the news that show up in the admin welcome screen. Whenever I hit the Dismiss button, it simply goes to a blank page. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see after hitting the Dismiss button ..

Where should I look up for PHP Error Logs?

Thanks for the help Wayne!

Regards.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You would have to look in your php.ini file to see where the error logs are stored. It is different on every server. For instance, mine is stored in /wamp64/logs/.

If you don't know how to view your php.ini file, you will need to discuss this with your hosting provider or server administrator. If you're the server administrator, you will simply have to search your system for the files if you do not know where they are stored.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment