Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BulliM
    • Oct 2012

[Bug / Issue] Secuity Patch causes display errors on sharing media links

As title says. On my forums (5.3.4) I've added the security patch. Now all sharing media link images (Facebook, Twitter) displayed with a 100% width. Tested on my mirror with clean vb default style.

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: vberror.png Ansichten: 1 Größe: 10,7 KB ID: 4383565
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Link? The security patch changes are backend changes. I don't think it will cause a frontend issue on CSS.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

This site is running the patch. As stated above, the patch shouldn't have any visible effect on the site. I don't know how this would be caused. You only uploaded the patch files and nothing else?

You can try running /core/includes/upgrade.php to rebuild styles from the files.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BulliM
        • Oct 2012

Couldn't get it running yet. Already try to find out, what the problem is. This problem effects both servers (normal/ test mirror). On both servers running Nginx and ImageMagick with different PHP-Versions. I set vbulletin default style to default style, delete own bbcodes, clear system and browser cache, try different browsers - without success. I try further...

Comment

• BulliM
          • Oct 2012

Found just one error: https://mysite.de/css.php?styleid=34...&ts=1513758924 (including default theme) couldn't get loaded. Is already empty, but there is nothing else I can find.

EDIT: There're some other css files cannot loaded. E.g. css_editor.css or css_b_sharing_menu.css. Error 404 !

I think, there's a problem on Nginx and css files. Tested that? All css files loaded as html files cannot loaded.

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: vb_css_4040_2.png Ansichten: 1 Größe: 12,5 KB ID: 4383620
          Last edited by BulliM; Wed 20 Dec '17, 11:05pm.

Comment

• BulliM
            • Oct 2012

When I try to load such an css file direclty I get that error message:

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: vb_css_404_3.png Ansichten: 1 Größe: 10,9 KB ID: 4383622

Some of that (html 404) css files directly delivered as html file:

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: vb_css_404_4.png Ansichten: 2 Größe: 441,4 KB ID: 4383628

So it is probably a template rendering problem with Nginx and css files after patching.
            Last edited by BulliM; Thu 21 Dec '17, 12:06am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Please run the upgrade.php file to rebuild your styles.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BulliM
                • Oct 2012

There is no upgrade.php - not even an install directory. I just overwrite with the patch files. I've already rebuilded styles in admincp with general update tools. Doesn't fix the problem, that css files delivered as html files. It is a rendering problem.
                Last edited by BulliM; Thu 21 Dec '17, 7:09am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Your issue is completely unrelated to the patch. The patch did not cause it. The patch has absolutely nothing to do with the style of your site or loading CSS on the site.

When you downloaded vBulletin, it included an upload/core/install directory. You will need to upload this directory and run upgrade.php.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BulliM
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    Your issue is completely unrelated to the patch. The patch did not cause it. The patch has absolutely nothing to do with the style of your site or loading CSS on the site.
                    What you want to tell me? That the error doesn't have to do with the security patch?

Why css files loaded and delivered as html files? Look at my screenshots! I think, it causes because nginx configuration is different to apache configuration. What server vBulletin use?

Comment

• BulliM
                      • Oct 2012

I now run a full upgrade from 5.3.4 to 5.3.4 Patch Level 1 on my test server. Problem is NOT solved, as expected.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by BulliM

What you want to tell me? That the error doesn't have to do with the security patch?

Why css files loaded and delivered as html files? Look at my screenshots! I think, it causes because nginx configuration is different to apache configuration. What server vBulletin use?
                        We use Apache. We don't actually provide explicit technical support NGINX or test under NGINX. We expect people using NGINX to know how to configure their servers properly. It is not a beginner's tool.

Still the patch covers two issues... The first is an unserialize issue and.the second only occurs on Windows Servers. If you're using Windows, you shouldn't be using NGINX. Neither issue should affect the display of CSS. Nothing was changed in the templates. Nothing was changed on how CSS is delivered by the software. Under any server.

If /core/css.php exists on your server, then you need to investigate your server configuration to understand why NGINX can't see the file and its query string and is returning a 404 error. That isn't caused by the software. If the file doesn't exist, then all CSS would be missing.
                        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 21 Dec '17, 8:11am.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BulliM
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

We expect people using NGINX to know how to configure their servers properly. It is not a beginner's tool.
                          My Nginx server is configured accurately.

What you tell me, is not true. The patch includes "core/vb/library/template.php". You've changed something, that's responsible for my error.

I now need access to an original vB 5.3.4. without patch for a rollback. Can I please have access to?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            • Aug 2000

Try this patch.
                            Attached Files

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BulliM
                              • Oct 2012

Seems to work. I'll try now on real server.
                              EDIT: Works fine! Makes my day! Big hug! Thank you and Merry Christmas!
                              Last edited by BulliM; Thu 21 Dec '17, 9:18am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...