Getting logged out of vbulletin regularly when logged in via Facebook

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maltair
    • Feb 2009

[Bug / Issue] Getting logged out of vbulletin regularly when logged in via Facebook

Lately, especially on the iPhone, I am getting logged out of vbulletin 5. On my own forum, I log in via Facebook only

When this happens I just click the box "Remember me" and click on the blue Facebook F on the login square, and it logs me back in right away without having to enter any Facebook login info.

In other words, the browsers are keeping me logged into Facebook, but logging me out of vbulletin.

My Session Timeout is set for 9000 seconds.

Is there something I am missing here?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The Remember Me only applies to the standard login form. It has no effect on Facebook Logins. When you push the "Facebook" button, it will open up a popup that we have absolutely no control over. All it does is send back credentials saying you've authorized a login and we create the standard cookies. Remember Me does not apply.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
      • Feb 2009

Well I remain logged into vbulletin via Facebook for a while, but it's inconsistent as to how long. Sometimes hours, sometimes hangs in there even after browser is quit and reopened, sometimes not, sometimes overnight, sometimes not.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

We tell the browser to delete the cookie after 9000 seconds (in your case). They aren't deleted when you close the browser. It is up to the browser to manage that on their end except that every page load on vBulletin rewrites the cookies and extends the timeout.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment