X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alfreema
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

How to exclude a single channel from a search result

Edit: Doh, I put quotes around the node ID and the below is now working! Either that or I had a cached version of the search screen and just needed to reload the page.

Ignore this post!

Version: 5.3.4

Problem: How can I exclude automatically generated articles added to my Articles --> News channel from New Topics?

Details: I have created a new channel under Articles, called News. I setup a user that will go fetch news related to my site (via the RSS Feed feature -- which is very cool). It will automatically post new articles into News. That's working great, I think.

But now those articles are showing up under New Topics, and I don't want them polluting that search result.

On the Channel Management screen, the Articles --> News channel shows: (Node ID: 1087447)

So I created a new Test navigation and used New Topic as a template. I decoded the URL and added "exclude": 1087447, reencoded it, and saved it. But, it does not exclude the automatically generated articles from the results. That makes sense to me because it seems like I really want to exclude a channel ID, not a Node ID (I was hoping exclude would also exclude all the children Nodes).

How can I exclude all the automatically generated articles added to my Articles --> News channel that are generated from the RSS Feed from New Topics?

For more specific details, I changed this:

Code:
    {"view":"topic","unread_only":1,"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
    to this:

Code:
    {"view":"topic","unread_only":1,"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"],"exclude": 1087447}
    Last edited by alfreema; Thu 14 Dec '17, 12:16pm.
  • delicjous
    • Mar 2014
    • 6.X

Try this one:

HTML Code:
    {"view":"topic","unread_only":1,"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"],"exclude":"1087447"}
    You have to put a single id into quotes.

Here are some examples:
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/arti...he-search-json

Comment