• Mar 2014
    • 6.X

[Bug / Issue] promotion is not totally clear

I set up a promotion to relegate a user if the following:

Reputation Level:11
    Days Registered:60

Promotion Strategy: Posts AND Reputation AND Days
    Reputation Comparison Type: Less than

Now I had users who have Reputation Level = 10 AND Days registered = 60 AND Posts > 0 (more than 0) and I would imagine, that the user is not promoted or relegate!?
    If the admin help is correct, this should work?!
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

If any of the criteria are less than the set amounts the user should not be promoted. A user has to meet or exceed all of the criteria to be promoted.

What I am unclear on (as I have never attempted it) is demotions. If a user, for example, exceeds reputation and days registered but has zero posts would a demotion override a promotion if both were set? Or would a promotion override a demotion?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Less Than

It is less than, not less than or equal to. If they have 60 days registered then the comparison fails in your scenario and they won't qualify. 60 days registered is not less than 60 days registered. Your scenario comes out as {True, False, True}. That makes the entire comparison false and they won't be promoted.
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 14 Dec '17, 8:27am.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• delicjous
        • Mar 2014
        • 6.X

Originally posted by In Omnibus
        If any of the criteria are less than the set amounts the user should not be promoted. A user has to meet or exceed all of the criteria to be promoted.

What I am unclear on (as I have never attempted it) is demotions. If a user, for example, exceeds reputation and days registered but has zero posts would a demotion override a promotion if both were set? Or would a promotion override a demotion?
        This was the idea, but I wasn't thinking enough about it. Wayne is right. The problem is that you could not set a less than or greater than or equal for Reputation Level, and another for Days or Registered. So the if days will actually be less than 60 AND... And that's what Iam thinking is wrong.
        Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        It is less than, not less than or equal to. If they have 60 days registered then the comparison fails in your scenario and they won't qualify. 60 days registered is not less than 60 days registered. Your scenario comes out as {True, False, True}. That makes the entire comparison false and they won't be promoted.
        Even my thoughts was wrong, the problem is that after the 60days the users was promoted 2 days ago. So anything is not right with promotion or perhaps only demotion?!
        Last edited by delicjous; Thu 14 Dec '17, 1:15pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...