Stop vBulletin showing shortened URL's in a message (centre has ...)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It was added in over a decade again when customers constantly complained about posts scrolling horizontally on their 1024 pixel wide monitors. The functionality really hasn't changed much. Not everything is going to get an option. We develop for thousands of sites. If we added an option for every little display item or choice, the AdminCP would never load.

I am sure it can be changed with custom coding to how the URL bbcode is handled. It probably can't be done with an addon or modification. The actual files will more likely need to be changed.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    It would require file edits. Not sure which ones, almost certainly in multiple locations.

Leave a comment:

• BarkyJ
    replied
    I hate it so much. Is there a way to mod it out?
    Things like this - who makes the executive decision to add these things in, without adding in the options to remove the feature?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is no option to turn this off.

Leave a comment:

• BarkyJ
    replied
    See like the above, the URL I put is shortened with a ...

Leave a comment:

• Stop vBulletin showing shortened URL's in a message (centre has ...)

Hello,

This was posted in the vB4 forum, and we have this on vB5 also. How do you disable it from happening?

URL's in the body of a message, often get shortened visually and a ... inserted in the middle.
    This is problematic as when you copy the body text, you dont get the full URL. When you click on the URL it works fine, however when copying to paste somewhere else we have problems.
    Can this be disabled so ... is never inserted, and full URL's are always shown?

Regards