X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bennour
    • Aug 2007

i can't restore my own style by restoring the buckup of vb5.3.3

hello
    I took like style of work for vb5.3.3 gradient, I made a lot of change, color, fonts so on, I took a buckup of my forum, I continue to make changes, I made an error and I could not go back, I restore my buckup the result I found my forum without any changes, all the changes I made I did not find, my own style that I did not restore it with the buckup.

Note :
    my forum vb5.3.3 is installed with a buckup of vb3.8.11, ie which was already update with an old buckup vb3, and the style is of vb5.3.3 and the buckup that I took again is vb5.3.3 buckup, and when I rstore my last buckup the forum comes back with only the vb3 buckup, look at the two pictures, the second after restoration should normally match the first
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

I'm trying to follow, I think you are saying you made the changes to the style in the first photo, took a backup, restored the backup, and can no longer find the style?

If you took a full backup the style changes would need to be there but any changes you made to images (gradient files for example) are not part of the database backup and would only be backed up if you did a backup of the file system as well.

Still the two example photos you show have more differences than just graphic files.

I'm confused as to what VB 3.8.11 has to do with it? No styling from VB 3.8.11 would be compatible with VB 5.x. It would be imported but unusable.

Comment

• bennour
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Joe D.
      I'm trying to follow, I think you are saying you made the changes to the style in the first photo, took a backup, restored the backup, and can no longer find the style?
      yes exactly;

I made some changes on a gradient style and I even created a new style and placed under the gradient style that I made the changes, and I saved it while saving the database that carries the full forum, and after restoration all the changes I made are not restored and the style that I created. I think I made a full backup as long as I saved the complete database.
      thank you

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

I can only imagine the wrong database was copied or the copy that was made was corrupted because there is no reason why had a copy of a database with a custom style having been made, that the custom style wouldn't exist in the backup (and later restored.) That said, again, had you made any changes to the actual images (.png files mostly for now) those do not get backed up during a database backup. Files need to be backed up separately than the database.

I often see customers have more than one VB database on the server- sometimes from test sites or forgotten installs.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...